Are Canadian prices coming down?

Joe Frito

Mustang Freak
Established Member
If you haven't already, go onto the Ford website because you can build and price a GT500 out with the options on your car and then print out a copy to take in with you (just in case the dealer takes off the window sticker)

Boomer v3.8

Established Member
There are still ones available in ontario

as per the 'not over MSRP' in ontario.. its not entirely true.

Stealerships were able to sell over ... but its by percentage if I'm not mistaken. Most would be 15% or something like that.
the www.gtamc.com had a post on it from a salesperson, and explained it.

Joe Frito

Mustang Freak
Established Member
Boomer v3.8 said:
There are still ones available in ontario

as per the 'not over MSRP' in ontario.. its not entirely true.

Stealerships were able to sell over ... but its by percentage if I'm not mistaken. Most would be 15% or something like that.
the www.gtamc.com had a post on it from a salesperson, and explained it.

I looked for the thread using the link, but I couldn't find it. There was a lot of talk that it was illegal to sell over MSRP, (originally we thought in all of Canada, but we then found out it was only Ontario) but as usual the dealers found a way to get around this. What are you seeing in regards to price on the ones available in Ontario? +15% works out to $60,000, so it is still $10-15,000 cheaper than the West.

fordification

Established Member
personally I'm waiting for the lightweight boss 302 to come out, with the new powertrain. 500hp n/a, 3200lbs.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Terminator said:
Don't be a killjoy:-D :poke:

Just trying to introduce a dose of reality!?!? ;-)

And now for a little entertainment:

Terminator said:
Does it come with an IRS?:banana:

Yes, the IRS option is $140.85 which includes the 13" Brembo four piston rear brake upgrade.

If you'd like to opt for the weight savings option by spending an additional $392.60 you will get aluminum front fenders, carbon fiber hood and other miscellaneous weight savings items to reduce the weight of the car by 295#. This will be primarily front end weight. The 15" eight piston Brembo front brake upgrade will cost you an additional $96.00 and comes with 2-pc rotors with aluminum hats.

The lightweight wheel option costs $123.85 and will reduce your unsprung weight by an additional 60#.

It should be a pretty cool car!?!?! :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Then we all woke up from our dream!!! :cryying: :(

fordification

Established Member
the weight is very possible. the 500hp n/a part is very optimistic with a 35-40k price tag. from the article I posted, they're saying 390, which puts in between the GT and GT-500 boundary. much more of a handler.

scgt500

Established Member
Joe Frito said:
If you haven't already, go onto the Ford website because you can build and price a GT500 out with the options on your car and then print out a copy to take in with you (just in case the dealer takes off the window sticker)

The thing is I haven't yet seen a window sticker price from a Canadian Shelby....I have a general ideal on price but yet to see one ....I'm going down in the next few days to take delivery...and then waiting for the weather to clear to get it home.....you know how things are there is always something else they try to add on to the final price......should be interesting.
Thanks again for the info.....

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
fordification said:
the weight is very possible. the 500hp n/a part is very optimistic with a 35-40k price tag. from the article I posted, they're saying 390, which puts in between the GT and GT-500 boundary. much more of a handler.

IMHO the weight would be a stretch even for a stripped down non-street legal version of the car. :idea: :read:

Mustang Joe

Established Member
Joe Frito said:
From what I understand, Ontario is the only province with price protection where dealers can't sell over MSRP.

It's a myth that dealers can't sell over MSRP. Dixie Ford in Mississauga got $7K over for their Shelbys.

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
R1Lello said:
Joe Frito said:
:( 2007 and 2008's all oversold in Ontario...........people waiting and hoping people will cancel their orders

Same here in MB, We sold all of ours but 2 at MSRP ( the other two went over)

we are sold out through the end of '08 ( lost my spot in line last week)

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Mustang Joe said:
It's a myth that dealers can't sell over MSRP. Dixie Ford in Mississauga got $7K over for their Shelbys.

They got more than that on at least a few of them.

Kenardo

Established Member
If anyone wants to get a serious Mustang street machine that blows the GT500 off the road and get it now send me you contact info via a (Private Message) and I'll line you up with the dealer I got a great straight-up price from. I'm talking about the SALEEN MUSTANG !!! KICK ASS BABY. FAST, TIGHT and it'll CORNER the PANTS off the GT500.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Kenardo said:
If anyone wants to get a serious Mustang street machine that blows the GT500 off the road and get it now send me you contact info via a (Private Message) and I'll line you up with the dealer I got a great straight-up price from. I'm talking about the SALEEN MUSTANG !!! KICK ASS BABY. FAST, TIGHT and it'll CORNER the PANTS off the GT500.

It runs 10's, right? ;-) :poke:

Wintermute

Banned
Saleen's are overpriced.

The black GT at Metro Ford was sold for $220K pretty much from the get-go. The red GT500 coupe was sold for, I believe 65K, window sticker was 52K. And that guy apparently was bitchin and scrathin the whole way just to get that price. So yes they are still raping out here. I know this cuz my termy just came off lease at Metro so, disgusted with GT500 prices, I bought it.

R1Lello

Established Member
Mustang Joe said:

Glad I didn't buy there or drop my deposit there........besides, when I inquired, 2007 were oversold, list for 2008's started.......this was back in mid 2005. $7K !!! keep it, got mine at $500 over...........15 minutes away from my home............

Users who are viewing this thread