Are G-Body Cars extinct?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Well I used to see these all the time for around $2k. Off and on always wanted one. I know a clean SS or GN will fetch good money even back 20 years ago, but the V6 Regals had always been throw away cheap.

Quick PHX search on FB and it's like...nothing. Not even a "oh wow, $7k for that junk wagon!" Just basically nothing.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Well I used to see these all the time for around $2k. Off and on always wanted one. I know a clean SS or GN will fetch good money even back 20 years ago, but the V6 Regals had always been throw away cheap.

Quick PHX search on FB and it's like...nothing. Not even a "oh wow, $7k for that junk wagon!" Just basically nothing.

Man, even Autotrader had zero within 500 miles of me.

beau t

Established Member
1 of my buddies bought a 86 (i think) T Type about a year ago maybe 80thou on the clock had been sitting in a shop for 20 years. he replaced all the fuel system and exhaust to get it back running then a tune up and headliner was replaced and its a moon roof car, all in all its a nice car.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
The track and streets used to be ruled by foxes and G-bodies. The more common ones have all been ragged out and scrapped. You might see one or two of the nicer models that survived in grandma's garage, maybe a donk or lowrider, but the run of the mill Monte's and Cutlass's have long since been turned into soup cans.

They went the same way as a lot of ubiquitous cars like the J-bodies or Ford minivans. Even the foxes and third gen F-bodies are rare. Such is the fate of the cheap and disposable.

I would have loved to run a SBO/BBO G-body.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
IMG_5406.jpeg

IMG_5405.jpeg

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
The malaise era ended with those vehicles. It seems just about any domestic turbo'd vehicle of that era is not cheap anymore.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Kel, I would just be over the top content to drive that awesome '14 GT-500! She's a beaut!

Do you have any photos of your GN?

Kel

Established Member
Kel, I would just be over the top content to drive that awesome '14 GT-500! She's a beaut!

Do you have any photos of your GN?
If the weather cooperated, I would agree, gotta add to that 7k miles so far, ha.

No pics of the GN currently, been off the road at a shop for far too long. Debating on doing a proper resto, but hate to be in paint/body shop jail again (painful reminders from the 66 convertible...).

Have a good day!

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Just typed in G body on marketplace with a 100 mile radius to me (Massachusetts) and there was a bunch that came up

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If the weather cooperated, I would agree, gotta add to that 7k miles so far, ha.

No pics of the GN currently, been off the road at a shop for far too long. Debating on doing a proper resto, but hate to be in paint/body shop jail again (painful reminders from the 66 convertible...).

Have a good day!
7K miles. You're really keeping them down.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Man, even Autotrader had zero within 500 miles of me.

I saw this in person last week. 3100 miles. Hard to tell if it is a good deal or not.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
The BGN is one of the most beautiful cars that's ever been on this earth.

I have two cousin's that have several, and race them in KY somewhere. Ridiculous HP.

Another good friend has one too.

If sex had wheels, it would be the BGN.

Sent from my SM-S908U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I think they’re good looking cars, primarily because of the 80s nostalgia. But let’s not get carried away here.

Most beautiful? Sex on wheels?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
The BGN is one of the most beautiful cars that's ever been on this earth.

Sent from my SM-S908U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

The 80s regal is a boxy GM rattletrap that was primarily designed for grandmas to go to church on sundays and stop by the market. By adding a turbo and a black out package all of a sudden its the most "beautiful car on earth"? :LOL::LOL::LOL: Was this a serious post? You just made my day. :ROFLMAO:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Saw one about 4 months ago, looked in great condition and was nice hearing that turbo spool up.

It looked stock, so pretty fast for a 30+ year old car

Users who are viewing this thread