Are the 2015's out yet?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I had a Ruby Red 2015 mustang following me for a mile or so tonight. I had to turn left & he went straight. I got to check it out for a little bit at the traffic light... No 5.0 badging on it, so must have been a V6 or Eco boost...
I didn't think these were out yet.

I checked them out last winter at the Detroit auto show...

Chameleon76

Formerly Bad_302
Established Member
Employees?

rjgr0A.jpg

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Ya it was most likely someone driving it who goes to dealerships to do training. As far as I know they are all ecoboosts going around to dealer training. Being that late at night he must have just been driving to a hotel/dinner/etc.

BMR Tech

It really doesn't matter, IMO.

I don't think any anniversary Mustang in the past 20 years has been released/delivered on April 17th (I think thats the date)

I could be wrong though.

The 50th is going to always be a collector, and I assume the car will always be desirable from a collector standpoint. I don't really care for it personally, though.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
It really doesn't matter, IMO.

I don't think any anniversary Mustang in the past 20 years has been released/delivered on April 17th (I think thats the date)

I could be wrong though.

The 50th is going to always be a collector, and I assume the car will always be desirable from a collector standpoint. I don't really care for it personally, though.

No there has never been a car delivered as an anny car on April 17th.

But with as much hoopla surrounded the 50th anniversary of the Mustang April 17th, to still not have these cars sitting on dealer lots is astounding.

BMR Tech

I somewhat agree with that. No doubt.

Especially considering the fact that they are fetching some pretty solid $$$

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
No there has never been a car delivered as an anny car on April 17th.

But with as much hoopla surrounded the 50th anniversary of the Mustang April 17th, to still not have these cars sitting on dealer lots is astounding.

Agreed. You were able to walk into a dealership and buy one on April 17th, 1964. Why they didn't have cars available for purchase on that date in 2014 blows my mind.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I know Ford was having issues with aluminum production for a while, especially with the F-150. It is probably why they got delayed aren't on the lots yet. Ford has a few LATE releases this year for the 2015 model year.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I have seen the same Comp Orange 15 traveling from Lake Charles to Lafayette while I've been heading to houston, two different days about a week apart.

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
My local dealer shows a few '15s in inventory.

Mike

I'll bet they are just "dealer ordered" and not actually on the lot.

Some window stickers I've viewed have a blend date 0f 20140825. If they haven't started building them yet, they should be by Monday from the blend dates.

Last edited:

Carbon Driven

Established Member
According to my dealer, they said only first 15's to arrive before the mid sept start build date are cars targeted as "demo" cars to get people hyped up and want to order. These cars are not going to be for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread