Are these whipples a good deal? Or VMP

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Not anymore, started out as a 5.8l, we are in the 13-14 GT500 section.

This is the quote that started out the "oh no you didnt.... " conversation, so....
My cousin made 830 on a 5.4 GT500 on pump 93 so I think I can to lol

But whatevs. 1040 must be a record on pump gas. What was timing and boost? Got a dyno sheet?

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
I just finished the bolt ons on my 13 GT500. Now Im wondering if 675-700rwhp is safe on pump gas if I run it fairly hard as a daily?
My 2017 GT (5.0) I supercharged and did all the bolt ons. Only internal change was billet oil pump gears. Dyno’ed at 649rwhp. I ran this piss out of it every single day for a year. I mean I was never cautious and drove it like I stole it. Everywhere, everytime, everyday. Put 22,000 miles on it. Was I just lucky?

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I just finished the bolt ons on my 13 GT500. Now Im wondering if 675-700rwhp is safe on pump gas if I run it fairly hard as a daily?
My 2017 GT (5.0) I supercharged and did all the bolt ons. Only internal change was billet oil pump gears. Dyno’ed at 649rwhp. I ran this piss out of it every single day for a year. I mean I was never cautious and drove it like I stole it. Everywhere, everytime, everyday. Put 22,000 miles on it. Was I just lucky?

Check my sig.

You’ll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrrpm

Established Member
Right, but it’s effectively not a 13-14 anymore so.....

Sure it is, the block is a 2011 aluminum one I bought & built, the car is a 2014 GT500. I still have the original motor sitting here, waiting on a build, for the next time around.

mrrpm

Established Member
This is the quote that started out the "oh no you didnt.... " conversation, so....

But whatevs. 1040 must be a record on pump gas. What was timing and boost? Got a dyno sheet?

Not sure about any records, just where it's at so far. I still have some mods I need to make for more. Mods are a built motor, sleeves, cams, etc, 4.5l blower, DOB HE, return style fuel system. I didn't print the sheet, but it's still in the computer on the dyno. I'll print & post one that beats it next time I find time to get on it. We have a Dynojet chassis dyno, and a hub dyno here, if it makes much more, it'll need to go on the hub.

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Keep timing and heat in check and you can absolutely make 800 and more on 93. You'll just have to have the setup that does it without needing a bunch of timing and without making a bunch of heat in the chamber. That's also to say you'll be leaving a ton of power on the table by running 93 on such a setup.

darksykal

Established Member
i made 660 on mustang dyno without even long tubes. I'm sure 800 is very doable on 93.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Sure it is, the block is a 2011 aluminum one I bought & built, the car is a 2014 GT500. I still have the original motor sitting here, waiting on a build, for the next time around.

Nope... now it's just a max effort modded Mustang.

merkyworks

Established Member
Just reading along and confused, want to make sure I'm clear on definitions.

"Not a 13-14 anymore" = OEM short block and not a built motor? Or are other factors like ported heads or custom intakes involved?

I mean you take a 13-14 and throw an LS in it, sure calling it a max effort modded mustang makes since. On the other hand if you take a 13-14, build the motor and maintain the same displacement 5.8L, well I don't see why it still wouldn't be a 13-14 car. IDK

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
A 13-14 Shelby is related to the VIN#
Not the internals.

While I find it repulsive, if you LS swap a mustang... it’s still a Mustang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrrpm

Established Member
Just reading along and confused, want to make sure I'm clear on definitions.

"Not a 13-14 anymore" = OEM short block and not a built motor? Or are other factors like ported heads or custom intakes involved?

I mean you take a 13-14 and throw an LS in it, sure calling it a max effort modded mustang makes since. On the other hand if you take a 13-14, build the motor and maintain the same displacement 5.8L, well I don't see why it still wouldn't be a 13-14 car. IDK

Not sure what that guys trying to say either, somehow to him, installing a 5.4l modded motor out of a Shelby, into another Shelby means it's a modded mustang, when that's all a GT500 is anyway.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
My 2012 has a 5.8, does that make it a 13-14? Or just another modded mustang? That's just ridiculous. Unless he told you it had the smaller bore diameter, you would never know otherwise. A 5.4 has more meat between the bores and no vent hole for the exhaust valve water passage. I'm told it's a stronger option than the 5.8 for a max effort build. I've also heard of sleeved aluminum blocks that weren't bored all the way to 3.68" for the same reason. I still have mine in climate controlled storage. I predict a lot of Shelby's will be sporting coyotes when you can no longer find a 5.4/5.8 aluminum block.

Users who are viewing this thread