are this numbers accurate?

mata

Established Member
A friend of mine just dynoed for the first time his 03 cobra.
The pulls were made at a place with a mustang dyno, and honestly, the dyno operatior does not know much about this machines, so i was wondering if the pulls were made the propper way.

here are the basics.

-pulls were made in 4th gear
-mustang dyno
-2.8 pulley, CAI, X-pipe w/no cats, stock catback.
-4000ft elevation at our town
-car usually rins 12.5 w/1.8 60ft (dont have trap speeds) at this same elevation

the numbers that he got are 435/445 i belive.....do you guys think this numbers are accurate?

i`ll try to post the graph in the following days.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
nope, too high. Especially if the A/F is really 9.5:1. How is A/F registered on that dyno with a sniffer or does he have a 02 bung welded in?

Here the thing though, you can make a dyno read pretty much any HP number you want it to. That A/F is really rich and should be a concern for your friend.

Last edited:

Stangcharger

forged 4.2L v6
Established Member
the dyno prolly wasnt set with the right anersura level or how ever you say that.

mustang dyno should be decent less than a dynojet because the mustang dyno calculates in the real street weight or there close to. the dyno jet dynos everything at 2500lbs or a weight close to that.

my friends 03 cobra did 385rwhp on mustang dyno then did 420rwhp on dyno jet before tune. after tune it was 460rwhp.

so that would mean your friends car is 450rwhp+ with that a/f ratio and that doesnt add up with his mods IMO.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
First thing is find another Tuner and then take some fuel out! That is way to rich for a car to be running.

musclefan21

Established Member
435rwhp sounds just fine but 445rwtq is kinda low and i can 110% guarante that his A/F is not 9.5 cuz he would be NOWHERE NEAR 435rwhp then.

Stangcharger

forged 4.2L v6
Established Member
well the car is untuned really.

He went WOT on a pullied/modded cobra without a tune?????

please dont.

running rich isnt safe like some will say. it can be very harmful to the engine. especially the low in the 9.5:1 a/f ratio.

the numbers still arent accurate on that dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread