ARH install and questions?

carguy19

Established Member
Cannot delete EGR???.... 100% False

The motor has to be removed for a header install???.... wow i wont even comment on that one.....if the "experienced" company removed your engine to install your headers they are donkeys

Where do you relocate the SIP sensor to if you were to remove the EGR valve and block off the back of the SC where it can get a manifold pressure reading?

carguy19

Established Member
The sip sensor stays electrically connected and one port of the sensor is capped and the other is supplied a vac/boost source

Where does it get that vac/boost source though?? that's what I am confused about because its integrated onto the EGR valve. Have you seen it done before on a 13/14 car?

got_h8rs?

Established Member
If you have any concern with respect to gas mileage deleting the EGR will result in reduced gas mileage even though the SIP sensor is left in place.

Don't use the gaskets provided in the kit. Get new OEM gaskets or re-use your existing OEM gaskets. I like to use the factory studs and nuts versus the stage 8 hardware. You just have to trim the lower studs on the first two down pipes on the driver and passenger side so you can get a ratcheting wrench on there and still be able to remove the tool without the stud bottoming out on the header.

Where the oil dip stick runs many guys notch the header flange to create a passage for the dip stick tube.

Good luck with your install.

Van

why is the stage 8 hardware not as good as the factory? thanks

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
According to lund, you cannot delete the EGR on the 13-14 because on the EGR valve on the bend on the SC, there is a manifold pressure sensor thats attached to the EGR valve. I dont know how acccurate that is but he seems to know his stuff.

As far as the headers, don't use the harness extensions, you can pull the 02 sensor harness from the car down and make it reach and reroute it. The harnesses are known to fail and can cause serious mechanical failure if the car leans out. Also, all of my 02 sensors are attached still, not blocked off. I dont think they turn them off in the tune usually.

I would not do the job myself. It took a very experienced shop about 5-6 hours to do mine and they have done 100s of LT installs. The whole K member and motor has to be removed from the car. Not a backyard mechanic's job. I would never try it myself even with a lift and owning 16 mustangs in my life.

What you talkin' bout Willis. Who is removing the motor to install headers. Difficult and time consuming, sure. Pay a shop for 6 hours of labor, no thanks. Not that I could find a shop in Italy to do it anyway.....

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
You should get the arh headers jet coated to protect your investment, other than that its a pita to put on. I have arh longtube jet coated with matching jet coated x pipe, just wished it came with an extra bung for the wideband. eitherway think im going to chop it up to make way for some electric cutouts.

Ooh, could've used headers and electric cutouts to compete with the exhaust sound of some Lambos and Ferraris this past weekend. My car got alot of attention...

Sherrodmustang

Established Member
New headers from Shelby America

20150512_104142_zpsf9x0765n.gif

20150512_104046_zpstzwbhjuf.gif

20150512_104157_zpsy3gl3wzh.gif

Ablaze

Established Member
Read the text above his pictures.....

"New headers from Shelby America"

Got that part. Went to their store online, didn't see them.

See them now, guess it didn't want to load in Firefox.

Last edited:

carguy19

Established Member
Got that part. Went to their store online, didn't see them.

See them now, guess it didn't want to load in Firefox.

You can also get them from Van at revan racing for substantially less money.

They won't have that shelby plaque, but you will save a ton of money.

Sherrodmustang

Established Member
I decided the best thing was to have a shop put them on then me spending two days in my garage on jack stands doing it. Drop the car off this morning and should have it back tomorrow.

Curious to see how loud it will be with 2" primaries and off road mid pipe and stock mufflers. Thought about picking up the Magnaflow mufflers in black.

Last edited:

Sherrodmustang

Established Member
Hahaha.. I figured it would be.

My last Mustang was straight pipes out the side... and it was really loud.

4.6 liter 3v with 30.6lbs of boost, it would scream.

IMG_0133_zps674b6cfe.jpg

Last edited:

bklynpanman

Established Member
They definitely reach. You need to unclip the wire loom from a few different spots on the transmission. One of which is on the top out of view.

Users who are viewing this thread