Arkansas Streetcar Shootout @ Prescott Dragway

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
they only ones I know is black C6,silver C6,red Z06,sonic blue cobra-teal LT1 camaro,silver RX7, various imports....Look for a sticker on the back or side glass....It looks like leth chem's sig...

Last edited:

SScoulter

Established Member
2000_LS1 said:
.550/.550, 212/216, 109 lsa...kinda messed up #'s but worked for me...ran a 9.846 (1,000 ft) with catback, single valve springs, shortie headers, catted y, stock running gear, n2o (150 shot)

I'm the guy looking for a cam that Lethal was reffering to. That is a interesting cam for sure. Custom grind? Have you ever had it dynoed and if so do you have the dyno sheet. I am looking for a cam that will make good low to mid range torque and have a nice sounding lope.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
LightningMedic said:
they only ones I know is black C6,silver C6,red Z06,sonic blue cobra-teal LT1 camaro,silver RX7, various imports....Look for a sticker on the back or side glass....It looks like leth chem's sig...

Yeah, you can try to do that. The stickers on the windows, the license plate brackets, and the T-shirts are only owned by VIP members, which is obviously only a small portion of the club members, so sometimes it's hard to tell who's in the club.. We try to wear them as much as possible to help people identify the group though. The autocross group is the only one that seems religious about coming out for every single event. I guess it's because we don't break shit so much :D.

Many of the guys are getting their cars tuned, and nobody is going to be getting their best times in this heat, but here's some more off the top of my head:

There's a black lightning that goes quite a bit, but he's recently put a turbo in it so it's still being tweaked. There's a member with a sweet 68 Camaro who runs 8.80's who's there pretty often. There are two black LS1's from TNC that run in the 8's, but I think they are both making some changes right now, I'm not sure. I know one is apart for sure. There was a dark blue LS1 and a bright orange SS that were running in the 8's, but they've both sold their rides for race bikes. There's a silver 4 door SRT4 running low 10's, but he busted something last time I was at the track (a month or so ago), so I don't know if it's been fixed or now. There's a fox body mustang with a 427 and a monster shot of N20 running in the 7's there when he is out tuning it.

I rarely go to the drags anymore, since I already know what it will run, but I do show up periodically in either of the cars in my sig. My friend with a black SS comes with me upon occasion. There's quite a few Sheridan guys who go to Prescott, although I've not gone down there.

As stated, there's also quite a few imports who show up now and then too, but I can't keep up with which ones are running and which arn't. :lol:

There's quite a few more, as there's a good amount of members in the club. It would be easier for me to just let you know when a large group is heading out there.

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Yeah what he said......^^

I know there is a autocross cooming in july to war memorial.....good chance to meet alot of people... :-D

Last edited:

2000_LS1

Banned
SScoulter said:
I'm the guy looking for a cam that Lethal was reffering to. That is a interesting cam for sure. Custom grind? Have you ever had it dynoed and if so do you have the dyno sheet. I am looking for a cam that will make good low to mid range torque and have a nice sounding lope.

Well, I also have 240/224, .588/.609, 114 reverse split cam, it has a sale pedning right now but if something happens would that one suite you more? It has no zero miles on this cam, and is not going to show it's potetial w/o a turbo. The first cam is a little bigger than an ls6 cam, it has 7,000 miles on it. N2o was sprayed with 918 springs, tit retainers, comp lifters (not the "R" lifters though) and Trick Flow 7.425 " pushrods...

The new set up is a .588/.588 lift, Comp Custom Grind, 228/228 duration, 113 lsa. Comp R lifters, Comp 7.350 Pushrods, Dual patriot valve springs, TEA stage 2R heads milled .030", Spec 3 clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, 9" rear, ls6 intake, stock MAF, home ported TB, Lid, Hooker Headers, TSP ORY, stock catback for now, need a little more $$$, NX 50-250 shot capable, I run a 50-100, HP Tuners, and a shitty driver. Should make 150-200 RWHP without a prob, and no n2o.

:bs:

2000_LS1

Banned
Lethalchem said:
Yeah, you can try to do that. The stickers on the windows, the license plate brackets, and the T-shirts are only owned by VIP members, which is obviously only a small portion of the club members, so sometimes it's hard to tell who's in the club.. We try to wear them as much as possible to help people identify the group though. The autocross group is the only one that seems religious about coming out for every single event. I guess it's because we don't break shit so much :D.

Many of the guys are getting their cars tuned, and nobody is going to be getting their best times in this heat, but here's some more off the top of my head:

There's a black lightning that goes quite a bit, but he's recently put a turbo in it so it's still being tweaked. There's a member with a sweet 68 Camaro who runs 8.80's who's there pretty often. There are two black LS1's from TNC that run in the 8's, but I think they are both making some changes right now, I'm not sure. I know one is apart for sure. There was a dark blue LS1 and a bright orange SS that were running in the 8's, but they've both sold their rides for race bikes. There's a silver 4 door SRT4 running low 10's, but he busted something last time I was at the track (a month or so ago), so I don't know if it's been fixed or now. There's a fox body mustang with a 427 and a monster shot of N20 running in the 7's there when he is out tuning it.

I rarely go to the drags anymore, since I already know what it will run, but I do show up periodically in either of the cars in my sig. My friend with a black SS comes with me upon occasion. There's quite a few Sheridan guys who go to Prescott, although I've not gone down there.

As stated, there's also quite a few imports who show up now and then too, but I can't keep up with which ones are running and which arn't. :lol:

There's quite a few more, as there's a good amount of members in the club. It would be easier for me to just let you know when a large group is heading out there.

Yea let me know when you guys get something up....i haven't tried autocross yet, lol, I'll have to get some chassis / suspension mods now

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
2000_LS1 said:
Yea let me know when you guys get something up....i haven't tried autocross yet, lol, I'll have to get some chassis / suspension mods now
I stopped drag racing once I tried autocrossing. Obviously you can't do both of them and expect to do very well at either, so I started looking more towards handling. However, the Camaro is set up for autocrossing (lowered and stiffened with shocks, springs, etc etc), but I do take it to the strip now and then. I've pulled a 10.5@101mph in it with a crappy 2.0 short time, and have yet to install the N20 kit in my garage. It's got a nitrous cam in it, and it built to handle a 175shot, so it should run well, but that's not the direction I'm really wanting to go.

The way I looked at it, once you mod your car, get it dialed in, and make a few passes at the drag strip, you pretty much know what your car will run. Any future trip to the track will be the same +/- a few tenths for track and weather. I found that if I ran an 11.8 in the 1/4 one day, and then ran an 11.6 the next, it didn't really mean a whole lot to me. I wasn't all that pumped about it, because I already knew what the general outcome was going to be. Going significantly faster would just be a matter of throwing more money at it, which I didn't want to do.

At the autocross, however, the course is completely different every single time. Just because you beat "that guy" last time on the course with some long straights, doesn't mean he won't kick your ass on the next course where it's been built with more tight turns this time around. Plus, it doesn't matter how much money you throw at your car in autocrossing if you can't drive for crap. I felt the HP of my Cobra was a liability out there last year, which is why I went to the Camaro, because it can't break the tires loose quite as easily.

I'm not putting down guys who love drag racing. It's a blast too. I just don't get my adrenaline pumping at the drag strip like I do at the autocross course. To me, there's a big difference between the feeling you get when you look at your time slip, and the feeling you get as you look ahead at the autocross and say to yourself, "Oh shit...I don't think I'm going to be able to make this turn!" :lol:

2000_LS1

Banned
Sounds fun as hell...I'll try it when I get some chassis / suspension mods...I'm game for anything that has to do with going fast.
just wondering, how fast have you gotten on road courses? 140 or so?

2000_LS1

Banned
I have one other...I finally found it...lol

Specs are:
INT EXH
220 / 228 Duration
273 / 281 Adv Dur
.532/.538 Lift
116 LSA

This one is also new never used in box. I have the cam card and all...it should offer what you are looking for.

Price is 325 shipped

SScoulter said:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
2000_LS1 said:
Sounds fun as hell...I'll try it when I get some chassis / suspension mods...I'm game for anything that has to do with going fast.
just wondering, how fast have you gotten on road courses? 140 or so?

The only road course I've been to is Hallett in Oklahoma, which is what LRRS has rented out again this time as well. Last year was my first time to ever do it, so I was being pretty conservative, but even so, Hallett is mostly technical corners, with a few short straights.

I think the fastest I got up to was about 105-110MPH last time. There's a sharp left turn at the end of the straight that really gets your attention, so I wasn't going to go like a banshee up to the braking point. :D I have a video of my first 2 laps ever, if you really wanted to see what it's like.

Memphis has a course they set up, and they use the drag strip as part of the course, so you can get up to 140mph or so there, from what I've heard. I havn't raced there yet, although I plan to. Autocross courses, on the other hand, rarely get you going over 60mph.

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
I want to try the L at this autocroos thing.....not to sure how it will do.....it has eibach springs with bilestine shocks....I just need to upgrade my brakes....that is next on my list...rotopros slotted and drilled with hawk pads and stainless line and fluid flush...that should do the job....

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Here's a pic of the track in Tulsa...

halletthomeimage2.gif

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
LightningMedic said:
I want to try the L at this autocroos thing.....not to sure how it will do.....it has eibach springs with bilestine shocks....I just need to upgrade my brakes....that is next on my list...rotopros slotted and drilled with hawk pads and stainless line and fluid flush...that should do the job....

I've seen lightnings out there. I've even seen one of those big Chevy SS trucks (not the SSR) run. It might be kinda tight for you at War Memorial, but Pine Bluff courses are generally more open, and you'd have more space to play.

Here's a vid of my Camaro at the Pine Bluff event last weekend. You can see it actually had some open spots where the higher HP cars could romp on it a bit better.

Run 2 vid

Hehe..and here's one of me overcooking it in a sweeper...
3rd run

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
LightningMedic said:
:eek: that is a nasty curve at the end.....dont want to carry all that speed to the end.... :uh oh:
Yeah, tell me about it. You come around the carousel (on the left of the pic) and enter the straight. Pass in front of the tower heading towards the right (start/finish), and then get on the brakes HARD to make that sharp left before you end up in the tire wall! There were several white kuckle moments where the car pushed out to the rumble strip and I wasn't sure I was going to make it. :lol:

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Yeah i really need brakes before i try and do that in a 5600lb truck with 20's.....but hey my front bumper needs a repaint anyways.... :(

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
LightningMedic said:
Yeah i really need brakes before i try and do that in a 5600lb truck with 20's.....but hey my front bumper needs a repaint anyways.... :(

Frank drove his lightning out there (Hallett) last year. He had a blast. Said it used up all this brakes though. Then again, so did I. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread