Armageddon TT 5.0 vs. Supercharged & Nitrous Corvette C6 (Part 2)

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Ran the same Corvette again, this time....not up to 180. He let out around 150ish. Previously, he had belt slip issues. Now his Magnuson hits quick and hard with the 8 rib pulley setup. Jumped out on me like nobodies business. My car doesn't build boost that fast and weighs more. Win to my friend, he earned it.

[youtube_browser]RAh88FNFlzM[/youtube_browser]

Armageddon TT 5.0 @ 9.5 PSI, stock engine, Cat delete Lethal H pipe, built 6R80 auto w/ Circle D converter, DSS Carbon Fiber Driveshaft, QTP oval exhaust cutouts, stock 3.15 gears

C6 LS2 6.0 Corvette, Blower Cam, Magnuson MP112 supercharger @ 11.5 PSI, overdrive crank pulley, 100 shot nitrous, LT headers with X pipe, 6 speed manual, clutch upgrade

His car had flames out the back when he let out of it.

11082440_10153139367136145_6676506771123796115_o.jpg

Last edited:

Turd Fergusen

Established Member
Nice run, that vette move out for sure, but you stuck right there with him :thumbsup:

Last edited:

cobrakyle95

Established Member
you have a stock engine..... he has cam,blower and nitrous... i'd say if you change anything more in the engine and add boost its game over for him lol.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
UB - If you could do it over again, would you have chosen slightly smaller snails? I was just thinking of the Hellion TT kit and the 55mm turbos making about the same peak power, but hitting much sooner when compared to the 62mm turbos. Either way, great job and FAST ride!!!

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
UB - If you could do it over again, would you have chosen slightly smaller snails? I was just thinking of the Hellion TT kit and the 55mm turbos making about the same peak power, but hitting much sooner when compared to the 62mm turbos. Either way, great job and FAST ride!!!

No, I would have kept it as is since I have the smallest turbos this kit was offered with. Boost comes on fast, just not TVS/Nitrous fast. No turbo is instant boost, PD blowers and nitrous are. Soon as mine was at full boost, it didn't allow for the gap to get larger, just held its ground. Not having enough top end power to pull back is another story. I'd insist to building the engine before increasing boost anymore. I'd like to keep the rings, pistons, and rods in tack until I am ready to build it.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Have you thought about adding gears to get that added jump?? You saw what gears did for my 600rwhp Cobra.. With a slug Centri ;)

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Have you thought about adding gears to get that added jump?? You saw what gears did for my 600rwhp Cobra.. With a slug Centri ;)

No plans to change them. When I forge the internals and hit 1K @ the wheels, too much gear will make it difficult to control on the street. Normally, I run the 26" MT drag radials instead of the 27.4" Nittos. That also affects gearing, taking a little away. I'm very happy with how my car performs as is. It's a complement to know I'm getting into the range of fast Corvettes with my car. 5th generation Camaros and Challengers need not apply.

Users who are viewing this thread