Assassin's creed 2

Jaysin

Established Member
Im unsure on this one. Couldnt get into the 1st one at all. Even bought it the week it was released. Story was out there. Dont even know what the 2nd one is about, or how it could even tie in to the 1st. I dont see how the gameplay could be drastically different either. If I get any game this month it will be the God of War collection. Though depending on reviews, I might try AC2.

MoToCoBrA

Established Member
gonna wait until my brother buys it... the first one was too repetitive for me

So far i have done about 5 or 6 missions and all were different and new types from the first one. Also one thing that makes it better so far is you can just run around anywhere you have a rival "gang" that will attack you if they see you.

MoToCoBrA

Established Member
Im unsure on this one. Couldnt get into the 1st one at all. Even bought it the week it was released. Story was out there. Dont even know what the 2nd one is about, or how it could even tie in to the 1st. I dont see how the gameplay could be drastically different either. If I get any game this month it will be the God of War collection. Though depending on reviews, I might try AC2.

It picks up exactly where the first left off.

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
i have a preorder, but no money to buy it, my friend got it, and ill probably try it... wasnt too terribly attached to the first

DEAD EYE

You must defeat Shenglong
Established Member
I liked the first one. After I beat it I felt I never wanted to go through all that again though. The fighting system was a bit too "button slapper" for my taste.

MoToCoBrA

Established Member
Any new features? Weapons, attacks, etc?

Whole bunch of new stuff.

1. You'll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades.
2. You CAN swim
3. Da Vincis workshop is in the game.
4. Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
5. The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191, so you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair/Desmond.
6. You will see the countryside of Tuscany.
7. The "Auditore" family is mentioned.
8. The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze. He is a nobleman of Florence.
9. Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici.
10. You do indeed glide on Da Vincis flying machine.
11. Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
12. You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
13. Each weapon has a special move.
14. 16 unique mission types.
15. No more eavesdropping or pick-pocketing missions.
16. If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.
17. Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
18. Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.
19. New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, Brutish armoured troops with heavy armour and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're nearby.
20. While hiding in a hay bale you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
21. You can still climb towers and ride horses.
22. The Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt is in the game.
23. There is now a night and day sequence in the game.

LSUstang05

Established Member
Ill pick it up soon. I enjoyed the first one a lot.

This. I really liked the first one. Even though it was a little repetitive I enjoyed playing the game and I enjoyed the open environment as well as how everything in the environment was fair game and able to be interacted with.

ToyoFl

Established Member
way too repetitive...I can think of a couple of other games that deserve my money right now, including Dragon Age, and MW2

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
I have been reading reviews all night, and its TRUE everything has been fixed. I have mine on hold over at Game Stop, just havent had time to pick it up yet. Damn COD MW2 and this..time management is not going to be on my side.

Red94SVT

Established Member
will prob pick this one up for the wife, i got to buy MW2 and Forza3 so she gets her Ultimate Alliance 2 and AC2, its only fair....

i end up playing them myself anyway :beer:

THE_STIG

Established Member
Whole bunch of new stuff.

1. You'll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades.
2. You CAN swim
3. Da Vincis workshop is in the game.
4. Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
5. The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191, so you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair/Desmond.
6. You will see the countryside of Tuscany.
7. The "Auditore" family is mentioned.
8. The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze. He is a nobleman of Florence.
9. Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici.
10. You do indeed glide on Da Vincis flying machine.
11. Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
12. You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
13. Each weapon has a special move.
14. 16 unique mission types.
15. No more eavesdropping or pick-pocketing missions.
16. If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.
17. Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
18. Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.
19. New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, Brutish armoured troops with heavy armour and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're nearby.
20. While hiding in a hay bale you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
21. You can still climb towers and ride horses.
22. The Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt is in the game.
23. There is now a night and day sequence in the game.

Sold, i'm buying it tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread