At what point can I try to lemon law my truck?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I bought my 21 f150 brand new July of 2021.

It's had a rattle pretty much since I bought it on the drivers side 3rd door latch area. Right by my left ear and it drives me completely crazy!

My local Ford dealership has brought it to the body shop twice and I had ford look at it at least 3 times.

The most recent time (a few months ago) they replaced the striker/latch. And the noise was gone! I thought we had it fixed.

Now today it's back again.

This truck only has 5800 miles and it has had a couple other issues with it too. But I honestly don't even want this truck anymore. I get annoyed every time I drive it. I really think something structural is wrong with this truck

I'll be calling my Ford dealership again this week...

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
From Minnesota’s AG Brady:

“For a vehicle to be covered, the defect must be reported within the warranty period, or two years, whichever comes first. If the defect is reported within this time period and you have continuing problems with the same defect, however, you still can make a claim until the end of the third year.”

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
If the latch/striker fixed it and it is the same sound coming back then I find it hard to believe they can't solve this. Not doubting you but I think it needs to go to someone more competent. Noises can be really difficult to diagnose but if they have done it once yet it's back then there should be a permanent fix if given to the right shop/person.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
From Minnesota’s AG Brady:

“For a vehicle to be covered, the defect must be reported within the warranty period, or two years, whichever comes first. If the defect is reported within this time period and you have continuing problems with the same defect, however, you still can make a claim until the end of the third year.”
thats good, thought you had to start the lemon law process within two years or tough shit.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
dude I have the same exact rattle in the same exact spot. it drives me out of my ****ing mind. I thought it was the keypad for the keyless entry on the door.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I bought my 21 f150 brand new July of 2021.

It's had a rattle pretty much since I bought it on the drivers side 3rd door latch area. Right by my left ear and it drives me completely crazy!

My local Ford dealership has brought it to the body shop twice and I had ford look at it at least 3 times.

The most recent time (a few months ago) they replaced the striker/latch. And the noise was gone! I thought we had it fixed.

Now today it's back again.

This truck only has 5800 miles and it has had a couple other issues with it too. But I honestly don't even want this truck anymore. I get annoyed every time I drive it. I really think something structural is wrong with this truck

I'll be calling my Ford dealership again this week...

Have a bug deflector by chance?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
dude I have the same exact rattle in the same exact spot. it drives me out of my ****ing mind. I thought it was the keypad for the keyless entry on the door.
Indeed it does. It's unbearable.

@Weather Man nope, no bug deflector.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Rattles drive me crazy! Sorry you are dealing with this.. especially on a 1/2 ton truck that rides smooth!

Im waiting for the dreaded rattles to appear on my dually... not a matter of if, but when im sure.

Users who are viewing this thread