At what point does raising minimum wage stop?

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Tin foil hat on to go along with this rant:
This is all part of the grand scheme to nickel and dime us to death and redistribute wealth. Instead of outright taxation, it's all buried in the finer details. Gas, inflation, wage increases for those who haven't earned shit in the vast 18-years of existence...

It's exactly like what these scam artists did in Milwaukee County a few years back. Proposed an increase in order to "fund road projects." Got shot down. So instead they imposed a wheel tax of $30 on top of the registration fee when renewing your plates each year. If you're in the actual city of Milwaukee, it's $60. Still got their money! The wheel tax isn't going away any time soon. And the roads are still total shit. Color me shocked.

For those of us in colder climates, look at how quickly and easily your utility bills have shot up this winter. We're almost better off burning dollar bills for heat versus paying to run the furnace.

Hell, Netflix just emailed me to inform me that my subscription fee is going up to $15.49 in April. Why? More "enhanced" content that I don't want in the first place. "Movies and shows to make you feel good and improve your day." Pass. Once I finish Shameless and Ozark, I'm cancelling. I want to say the fee was $8/month when I first joined.

The slow bleed rages on...

q6543

Established Member
I think the "cheap" business model is dead.

Cheap food, labor, materials etc..

Look at the big 3 ... record breaking profits on less vehicles being built.
Production efficiencies will be critical.

By the way.. this theme has followed every recession... we come back with higher output than before in conjunction with fewer workers employed.

Users who are viewing this thread