Attention all SVTPerformance Vendors

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I'm in the market for a clutch package to replace the stock clutch in my '08 GT500. I turned up the wick a little and immediately smoked my clutch. It was only flaring when I'd push it harder than half throttle so I was trying to hold out until the black Friday sales. But now I'm starting to have trouble getting it into gear, so I need to get a clutch on order.

Who's got the best deal out there on a full package? Anyone willing to throw me an early Black Friday deal? :)

TIA, Jason

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If I were a vendor, I wouldn't waste my time replying to this.

Contact them individually and decide for yourself who to go with.

Stri8ed

Killer
Established Member
So, you had a clutch that was "flaring" (i think this might mean slipping) at half throttle, and you wanted it to last until the end of the month, yet you still "turned up the wick" (i think this might mean you pushed it hard/WOT/) and roasted your clutch? AND it's having trouble going into gear? You might need more than a clutch.... synchros with labor $$....

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
So, you had a clutch that was "flaring" (i think this might mean slipping) at half throttle, and you wanted it to last until the end of the month, yet you still "turned up the wick" (i think this might mean you pushed it hard/WOT/) and roasted your clutch? AND it's having trouble going into gear? You might need more than a clutch.... synchros with labor $$....

Yes and no... I turned up the wick a few months ago. Knowing that I had a stock clutch I knew I was on borrowed time. Was just hoping to make it until months end to order parts that would go on sale for the holidays. Just got off the phone with Van at Revan Racing, he's got a full package being shipped out to me today. I'll install the new clutch, flywheel pilot bearing, etc.... next weekend.

RedZR

Established Member
What clutch are you going with and how many miles did you get out of your current clutch?
Dan

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
While tracking number stated I wouldn't get the clutch in until Monday, it was on my desk by lunch time Friday. Grabbed some lift time and got the clutch and stuff all installed yesterday. Van said that the pedal effort was lighter than stock, he wasn't kidding. Felt foolish stalling the car rolling it off the lift and then again pulling it out of the garage. Took a few miles of driving but now my left foot is in tune with the new feel and the new clutch is amazing. Thanks again, Van.

Jason

IMG_1052.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread