"Attention Dynamometer Operator" WTF ?????????

Y2K AG GT

Established Member
I am going to get my baseline dyno tomorrow morning and I had a question for those of you that do this on a regular basis. I was looking at a sticker under the hood and it said "Attention Dynamometer - Dyno restrictions may apply. Vehicle may have ABS and/or traction control". Is there something special I need to tell the dyno place tomorrow? Can anyone explain this statement and what "restrictions" there would be with a car with ABS or traction control. Thanking you in advance for excusing my ignorance on this subject :shrug: ;-)

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Make sure traction control is off for the pull.
Also, your ABS light may come on/stay after you get off the dyno. It will go off after a few seconds (or after you hit the TC button frantically a few times :rollseyes)
I don't know why it does this. Maybe someone else can explain.

btw...my 99 GT does the same thing on the dyno.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You might also want to have him set his rev limiter about 200 below yours. It's a bit unnerving when they hit the computer limiter and that sucker starts popping. I thought the operator blew my motor until I realized what it actually was. Now I ALWAYS tell him to drop the dyno cutoff just below my Cobras. Helps me to keep my blood pressure normal. LOL!

PhillyCobra

Established Member
The sticker is for emissions testing-- most states use a dyno with a programmed run. It's to remind operator to turn off TC. If you don't turn it off, TC will activate when rear wheels turn and fronts don't.

TC light comes on because it thinks something is broken in the system when it sees the rearwheels spinning at 130 mph and the front wheels not moving!! The light is indicating a potential malfunction in the system. It cycles off after a few starts when it realizes things are operating properly.

Y2K AG GT

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
You might also want to have him set his rev limiter about 200 below yours. It's a bit unnerving when they hit the computer limiter and that sucker starts popping. I thought the operator blew my motor until I realized what it actually was. Now I ALWAYS tell him to drop the dyno cutoff just below my Cobras. Helps me to keep my blood pressure normal. LOL!

What is the factory set limiter on a Cobra? When should he shut it down?

Users who are viewing this thread