Attention!!! Paxton/Votech guys, the easy way to change your supercharger oil!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
When you get your new Paxton / Vortech Supercharger the owners manual calls for you to change your supercharger oil after the 1st 2500 miles, then you can go another 7500 before the next change. Here is the easy quick way:

Step 1: remove your engine cover
Step 2 locate the brass fittings on your supercharger.
step 3: while facing your car remove the one to your furthest right, (dipstick).
Step 4: buy an empty spray bottle ($3.00) place the hose down in the dipstick hole.
Step 5: spray all the liquid into the un-used bottle.
Step 6: put the dipstick back in make sure it reads 0 oil.
Step 7: remove dipstick and fill with 1 3oz bottle of s/c oil.
Step 8: Check your oil level , do not over fill it, if you do remove the excess!
Step 9: button everything up, your done.

The drain plug on these units are in area hard to get at , this way is easier and will take you 15 minutes!

Pic:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
i just put a small hole in the underside plastic and added a longer drain hose to barely reach outside the hole. but the spray bottle is a good idea.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I had to research this online, there are no instructions on the paxton website! Hell i should send the old oil out to be tested....i feel like a chemist with that bottle...lol.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Umm the long 3' braided line is hard to get at? I've changed mine once already and took me about 10 minutes. Interesting concept though, I would be concerned about any particles or contaminants left in the bottom with this method though.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I do t believe thst this could be done with the boss intake. The tb is blocking the dip stick.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Another point i want to bring up, is that some of
you guys are saying its not hard to get to the drain plug under the head unit. I'd venture to say that the ones who are saying this installed there own units and made provisions for easier access to the drain plug. i would have done the same thing, but i didn't install my unit, and the way mine is, there's a hose in the way of getting at the drain line. so it just wasn't feasible to have to take everything apart to get to it. This way is the best way for me, and i just wanted to share it to help others if their line is obstructed also!

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
You should go back and slap the shit out of the guy that did your install because it does tell you to route it down so you can access it later.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
You know what guys here's my issue, i never bothered to trace where the line ends up... Lol I was thinking you had to drain it from directly under the head unit. Thats where i was saying there was no access.. Lol. But me being a dumb ass led to finding a solution where you don't have to crawl up under your car...lol. I never cease to amaze myself ... Lol!

Isshinryu28

Established Member
So have remove piping And my throttle body to change oil if have boss Intake god tht gona be pita

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
image_zps9f79b419.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread