Audi R8 won't race for money "Solstice"

Badass_Forever

Established Member
Pretty much dead on. Cool car right up to the parking lot burn outs and flying through neighbor hood with no front end.
Gets it a thumbs down

My buddy is an idiot some times, but the parking lot burnout was at a wedding, you can kinda see hes all dressed up, it was the first burnout he had ever done. Then neighbor hood thing is also true, in his defence there were only 10 houses built on the street, the rest is empty.

Just_A_GT

Established Member
Not sure if I'm blind or not but I never saw it race the R8? Whole lotta not racing in that video...

Same here. Am I missing something? Or was the point of the thread just to say a guy backed out of a race after you through a MASSIVE bet on the table...why not lower the bet and see if he bites for less?

Just because he didn't want to race for $5k doesn't mean it's because he spent it all on his R8 either. Maybe he just has a brain and actually has his priorities in the right order and realizes that "gambling" $5k on a single street race isn't the smart thing to do...

kaz109

Established Member
LOL@ thinking you prove anything if you beat an R8 in a solstice

Badass_Forever

Established Member
Same here. Am I missing something? Or was the point of the thread just to say a guy backed out of a race after you through a MASSIVE bet on the table...why not lower the bet and see if he bites for less?

Just because he didn't want to race for $5k doesn't mean it's because he spent it all on his R8 either. Maybe he just has a brain and actually has his priorities in the right order and realizes that "gambling" $5k on a single street race isn't the smart thing to do...

Just stay on facebook bud.

Just_A_GT

Established Member
Just stay on facebook bud.

I'm not your buddy...pal...

But seriously, I don't understand the facebook dig. I thought what I said made complete sense. $5k is a massive bet, even for the "elite" high stakes street racers. If you're friend really wanted to race the r8, why not throw a more realistic bet on the table?

Badass_Forever

Established Member
I'm not your buddy...pal...

But seriously, I don't understand the facebook dig. I thought what I said made complete sense. $5k is a massive bet, even for the "elite" high stakes street racers. If you're friend really wanted to race the r8, why not throw a more realistic bet on the table?

My bad man, people on here just piss me off with there attacks. It really wasn't about the money, the R8 guy just wanted to act cool it seemed like, the bet was just to shut him up.

The rest of the video was just to show his really cool build. something different.

kaz109

Established Member
I am curious to know if the guy in the solstice actually thought beating an R8 would change the fact the the R8 owner thought he had the better car. Any more so why feel the need to pound his chest against a (more than likely) stock car. And think it was "cool" to do burnouts in a parking lot or speed through a neighborhood.....

Badass_Forever

Established Member
I am curious to know if the guy in the solstice actually thought beating an R8 would change the fact the the R8 owner thought he had the better car. Any more so why feel the need to pound his chest against a (more than likely) stock car. And think it was "cool" to do burnouts in a parking lot or speed through a neighborhood.....

Again, wasnt the point of the video.

95PGTTech

Established Member

At a MSRP of $116K for a base (and good luck getting it for MSRP), he certainly has no priorities and gambles a ton considering he lost roughly $35K the day he drove it off the lot.

kaz109

Established Member
At a MSRP of $116K for a base (and good luck getting it for MSRP), he certainly has no priorities and gambles a ton considering he lost roughly $35K the day he drove it off the lot.

lol....such a naive post

Just_A_GT

Established Member

When I read this one eyebrow raised up and I literally said "is this guy serious" out loud...what you just said makes zero sense. Buying an expensive car has absolutely no correlation to somebody having a tolerance to gamble...you can twist it all you want and try to make a case by throwing "depreciation" into the mix, but it's an apples to oranges comparison no matter what.

lilsilverponey

Established Member
I understand where the OP was coming from. It was the delivery that caused the negative comments. Take time to analyze your post next time and don't post hot headed. Unfortunately this is the internet and things can be easily misconstrued.

The solstice is sweet, I like anything different from the norm.

Users who are viewing this thread