Aussie falcons spanking it.

F23A4

Established Member
Originally posted by SHOLANDO
I love seeing the cars down there, I can't believe Ford hasn't brought any of them here yet!

R U kidding?? Ford has a beast of a sports sedan with the Taurus. :p

LT1LVR

Straight Killa
Established Member
"Antipodenow follow this closely—a 4.0-liter DOHC 24-valve inline-six with an electronic throttle and variable valve timing on both cams. A Garrett GT40 ball-bearing turbo spins a humongous 3.2-inch-diameter compressor wheel, blowing 5.8 psi of air and allowing the so-called Barra 240T to drop 322 horsepower and 332 pound-feet of torque into your choice of a four-speed automatic or, if you’d rather stir with a stick, a five-speed manual."

Here's some info from that link, thanks by the way.

XRQTOR

Banned
Ford sell two 5.4L DOHC models in the falcon range the 260kw (350hp) XR8 and the 290kw (390hp) GT. An aftermarket ford specilist and former race car driver have built a 320kw (430hp) verison thats emissions legal. Now the biggest problem is that the factory pcm wont allow for bigger cams as the base idle cannot be lifted, rev limit set at 5850rpm for xr8 and 6000rpm for gt can not be lifted. And the torque reduction tags to save the shitty auto box. As well as the fact the diff ratio cant be change either 3.23 on a manual and 3.45 on an auto. On a good note people are still making upwards of 270rwkw or 370rwhp with just a chip & basic tune, CAI, full zorst, helix spacer and under drive pullies. Good start so far i rekon hope you all enjoy. The australian spec 5.4 uses similar designed heads to the 2000 cobra R but flow better. And runs a basic 5.4L block with crappy powder metel forged rods and pistons. How can i attach a pic it said im not allowed.

XRQTOR

Banned
In regards to the XR6T two local performance shops have now upped the boost and had the cars dip into the mid 10's with bad traction problems. One company APS has had the car run to 309Km/h. Again with the factory speed limiter playing a role in limiting the top speed.

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
man thoses 2 looks like mustangs kind of! Only reason i downloaded it lol.\\From the front they do,

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Is it just me, or does that XR8 look STRIKINGLY similar to the new GTOs?

Sweet cars though... Would love to have a right-hand drive car.

Last edited:

COBRA32

Established Member
Ford needs to send those cars over here. Ford talks about it being the year of the car and look what we get; FWD jokes that are way under powered. They need these Falcons now not later. Us Ford guys have no 4 door performance cars at all. Even Chrysler has a modern V-8 Hemi sedan the 300C. We get a new sedan called a 500 with a 3.0 liter motor what a joke.

XRQTOR

Banned
Yea so that would put the xr8 fairly close to that thing, a Gt falcon should beat it. The times the mags record for these cards are disgracefull. It seems you fellas over there want our cars and we want yours. These would make for a good family car over there. Any one know how to post pics it is saying im not allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread