Aussie falcons spanking it.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Originally posted by XRQTOR
What computer do the R's run.

I dunno, but one of the above posts said that the Falcon computer is impossible to program, and they're pretty much the same motor...

XRQTOR

Banned
Na not impossible, just really really hard. Do the R's run fly by wire throttle. Hopefully the ecu can be sorted by the end of the next month. Finegers crossed, be about time i get my new car to.

FVT

Established Member
Originally posted by SuperChanger
Just hurts to see what ford is doing in other countries, and we get stuck with rubbermaid interiors ,restrictive exhausts and overall crap.

He he :lol: we can thank the government. with all the restrictive shit....you know, save the dolphin, save the trees B.S. that is why we have all that "restrictive exhaust" ....to control pollution....other countries are kinda lax on this kind of stuff. :-D :-D

FVT

Established Member
Originally posted by CarpetCityCobra
I'm a strong believer that automakers copy each other. If something sells, then they will rush to make something similar to capture that part of the market.

Since the GTO is a Holden in that market, then it stands to reason that the Ford product would look similar to the GTO.

i always thought Cobras looked nicer.....>GTOs look kinda like a cavalier....i hate cavaliers.....nice LS1 inside though :)

Parmgeddon

Established Member
I saw One of the Falcons and one of the Rancharos last year at Ford's 100th anniversary and they are totally awesome.....My brother and I were saying the same thing as you guys.....when is Ford going to bring it over here? ANd you guys are totally right Ford needs something ballsy in the way of a four door......I have to have one for work and I am stuck with a baby SVT countour....:shrug:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
FVT had some good points there in his post. Emissions standards being so much higher in the USA than anywhere else have a lot to do w/what cars are here, and what aren't. And the emissions standards on pick-up trucks are looser than on cars. So I believe that's why we're seeing trucks like the Lightning, and the SRT-10 now. Notice that you have to spend about twice the amount of money here to get the engines in a car, that come in those two trucks. I've been told that it has a lot to do w/the technology that has to go into cars here in the USA in order to get the cars to pass the strict emissions here, while truck emissions are looser, and don't require the same technology.

It's a crock. We're supposed to be responsible for all the pollution on the planet, while other countries do very little. I sometimes think it's simply a big scheme for big comapanies to make money here in the USA on keeping the earth "green". it's a farce since here is the only place it's happening to the extent that it does over here. But the "save-the-earth" weirdos don't see that.

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by XRQTOR
how fast is the 300c.

Posting 5.3 to 60 and 13.9 in the quarter at 102 mph, at least that what Car and Driver got. So it's quicker than a Stang GT and a tick faster than 5-speed although I know some that managed 13.8 on bone stock GT. Remember the 300C is an auto.

Here is a funny quote from the article...

"It puts the Mercury Marauder on a hauler home to Mama."

Last edited:

Gino

So Long!
Ford should ditch the piece of shit Taurus platform and replace it with that sedan. that would ****ing kick ass, those things rock. that XR6's Turbo 4.0L I6 would definetly give the ricers a scare lol

XRQTOR

Banned
Yep ricer's run away from these over here, some big name companies are getting insane numbers out of them. Fastest so far is a very low 10 sec pass with stock shortblock and near stock driveline. Best v8 pass n/a is 12.62 which was a ute or sport pickup wat ever you's call it. He only has full zorst, cai, u/d pullies, 80mm t/body, helix spacer, and a chip. Not a bad time considering it weighs nearly 2 ton and only revs to 5900rpm. The new falcons minor model update gets a 6 speed and a 3.46 diff ratio up from 3.23. Should see some very fast times

Users who are viewing this thread