Auto Advice

LordVader04

Established Member
I'll get some info on you on the drive shaft, my pops just happend to have one laying around. so I don't know exactly what those specs were, and I also forgot to say that you will need a flex plate, regardless with those you can still fund it with the sale of your T-56

So far I've had no issues, I drove it 200+ miles this past weekend in 95* florida weather on the interstate @ 80MPH and did just fine. I haven't had it on a full slick yet to see if it holds, but i've researched this plenty and the worst thing to happen is the intermediate shaft breaking and making carnage in the rest of the internals. For $132 you can avoid that, then if you run into issues it will just be burnt up clutches which don't cost an arm and a leg and not hard to do. Once that happens I'll upgrade, so far-- no issues.

My trans had 80k original miles on it when bought from a mustang yard.

Are you running a manual valve body?

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Are you running a manual valve body?

Oh yea add $210 for transgos manual valve body. Most of thr big auto swap prices come from having to get the buamanator or an expensive mvb. This is a cheap solution that works like a freaking charm. I have to still shift and down shift every gear. There is no PUT IT IN DRIVE OPTION. I like it cause I still feel like I've got a manual a little just have to manually turn on overdrive and lock up on switches.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Let me drive it! It's always easier to launch off the limiter in a car that's not yours lol

Too funny!
I doubt it would hook launching off the limiter.
Would look very impressive if it though.
If it would I would probably try it.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Oh yea add $210 for transgos manual valve body. Most of thr big auto swap prices come from having to get the buamanator or an expensive mvb. This is a cheap solution that works like a freaking charm. I have to still shift and down shift every gear. There is no PUT IT IN DRIVE OPTION. I like it cause I still feel like I've got a manual a little just have to manually turn on overdrive and lock up on switches.

That is still a great deal especially if the tranny holds up for a season or two.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
I found a core for 50bucks. My sn95 driveshaft fit perfect w/yoke swap. The only issue I had was with the H pipe. I ended up with a 03 04 MAC off road H pipe from leathel, 200bucks.You can get away with a stock/factory Mach1 shifter or an auto shifter from a GT.

Users who are viewing this thread