Auto Cobra Guys... Help me solve this problem...

Ironhand

Banned
4R70s and 4R100s are different families of trans and I wasnt aware that you could switch converters between the two. One is from the AOD/AODE and the other is E4OD.

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
03badass had you told me that the stock 8 bolt flex doesn't work with a pi converter then I wouldve known, but guess what u didn't. I needed the JW flex, and it worked flawlessly... I asked for help, not for you to tell me I disregarded what u said. Thanks mr know it all, but a stock 8 bolt flex doesn't work with a PI converter, I just re read your posts (again) and you said nothing of this.... The offset from the crank is about .25" too far towards the converter

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
03badass had you told me that the stock 8 bolt flex doesn't work with a pi converter then I wouldve known, but guess what u didn't. I needed the JW flex, and it worked flawlessly... I asked for help, not for you to tell me I disregarded what u said. Thanks mr know it all, but a stock 8 bolt flex doesn't work with a PI converter, I just re read your posts (again) and you said nothing of this.... The offset from the crank is about .25" too far towards the converter

Only responding bc you feel the need to point me out I didnt say that bc I didnt have to Whoever is installing your trans is pulling your leg. The flex plate had NOTHING to do with making the converter fit. Absolutely nothing. It's the installer period. Plenty of 4v cars out there that swap to an auto and buy Ford Oem flexplates for their builds. The only reason the converter fits now is bc

A - they actually figured out how to get it all the way on

Or

B - it's the wrong converter and has the wrong bolt pattern. The JW flexplates have multiple bolt patterns to fit different Trans / converter types. Since your using a STOCK Ford tranny if you had a STOCK Ford bolt pattern in that converter it would fit end of story.

Something is deff off on your setup and for your sake I hope it doesn't break or hurt something or someone.

Last edited:

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
Your wrong compadre'.... it didnt work... Not totally sure why, but it didnt work. Even Len with Lentech said this (hence the reason i decided to get a new flexplate)... I mainly had to have some sort of rebuttal since i came across my thread to explain how i resolved it, and saw your not so nice response. Its two good friends of mine, not an "installer" as you said, i watched all this unfold. Wrong again. The flex plate had EVERYTHING with not allowing the converter to fit, wrong again. What kind of flex plate did i have? Well it was a ford flex plate, i was told (key word here, but it didnt have ford part #s on it) that it was a ford flex plate.... It was no aftermarket named one. It was not the installer, period- wrong again. Dude, the flex plate for some reason was not the right one, so it DID NOT DID NOT DID NOT WORK! Was i wrong about it being stock, not sure, but the magic 8 ball says most probably since it doesnt have ford part #s, but thats what i get for taking someones word when i bought the swap that it was. The car is together, the JW flex plate was the key, and the converter (PI) is in the car.... Dont believe me, ill post pix to get u past yourself. I was the one that installed the JW, i helped (with a sigh of relief) finally get it bolted up right.
Yes i know you have pne of the fastest mustang cobras, cool, and you know shitloads more than me mr badass03svt but MAN.... i was asking for info to help me, and i came back to see this bs that basically said " you made this post, and i have the fix here but, you just wanna post stuff exactly the opposite when i know im right and my fix is THE FIX" well guess what pal, wrong again. Im done with this .... END THREAD.... Car is fixed, ill make sure i discaim you from helping me in the future, since you have contributed nothing positive to this....

Last edited:

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member

Why does my stock 8 bolt flexplate work with my 3-disk PI converter?:shrug:

For the record, I bought Badass03"s trans and converter, but not his flexplate. I used a straight up stock Ford 8 bolt flex plate. Crazy huh?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Why does my stock 8 bolt flexplate work with my 3-disk PI converter?:shrug:

For the record, I bought Badass03"s trans and converter, but not his flexplate. I used a straight up stock Ford 8 bolt flex plate. Crazy huh?

Impossible......:beer:

gt347mustang

Established Member
Your wrong compadre'.... it didnt work... Not totally sure why, but it didnt work. Even Len with Lentech said this (hence the reason i decided to get a new flexplate)... I mainly had to have some sort of rebuttal since i came across my thread to explain how i resolved it, and saw your not so nice response. Its two good friends of mine, not an "installer" as you said, i watched all this unfold. Wrong again. The flex plate had EVERYTHING with not allowing the converter to fit, wrong again. What kind of flex plate did i have? Well it was a ford flex plate, i was told (key word here, but it didnt have ford part #s on it) that it was a ford flex plate.... It was no aftermarket named one. It was not the installer, period- wrong again. Dude, the flex plate for some reason was not the right one, so it DID NOT DID NOT DID NOT WORK! Was i wrong about it being stock, not sure, but the magic 8 ball says most probably since it doesnt have ford part #s, but thats what i get for taking someones word when i bought the swap that it was. The car is together, the JW flex plate was the key, and the converter (PI) is in the car.... Dont believe me, ill post pix to get u past yourself. I was the one that installed the JW, i helped (with a sigh of relief) finally get it bolted up right.
Yes i know you have pne of the fastest mustang cobras, cool, and you know shitloads more than me mr badass03svt but MAN.... i was asking for info to help me, and i came back to see this bs that basically said " you made this post, and i have the fix here but, you just wanna post stuff exactly the opposite when i know im right and my fix is THE FIX" well guess what pal, wrong again. Im done with this .... END THREAD.... Car is fixed, ill make sure i discaim you from helping me in the future, since you have contributed nothing positive to this....

U-MAD-BRO-Arnold.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread