Auto vs stick hp comparison after dyno

genesmob

Established Member
Vmp gen2 tvs 2.5 upper 10pct lower monoblade 127 mm intake dynatech headers no cats dual pass h/e with fans fore stge2 return system id1300 injectors. Stock 6spd 93 with torco 19 degrees of timing 64 degrees dry 742whp sae last year.

Installed 4l80e aut trans. Dynoed yesterday with converter locked 91 degrees humid rain on and off. 694whp sae. Thats a 48 whp difference but 10 to 15hp probably from weather conditions so probably more like 30 to 35hp loss. The good news is I switched to e85 yesterday also and made 740sae whp at 20 degrees of timing with the auto on a hot humid day. This is a 2007 stock block gt500. All runs were 11.7 af on my gauge but only came out to 11.1 af on the dyno lambda gauge(hi precision calibrated shows .75 to .76 lambda
a/f insalled in header)

Last edited:

genesmob

Established Member
It made 700 ft lbs on e85. The trensmiision was bought and installed from JPC.
I installed the fuel system from Fore and Aj performance did the tunes with hp tuners

Last edited:

genesmob

Established Member
I absolutely love it. So does the wife (she can drive it now). Has the hgm compushift 2 controller and shifts like butter. Have trouble posting pics but u can see it on aj performance facebook.

Mainn

Established Member
I absolutely love it. So does the wife (she can drive it now). Has the hgm compushift 2 controller and shifts like butter. Have trouble posting pics but u can see it on aj performance facebook.

It's nice, isn't it?

So we have three different options for these cars now: 4R70W, Baumann controller (such as what our car runs); 4L80e, compushift controller (like yours); 6R80, factory GT PCM. Not bad.

I wonder which of these options is most efficient. Unfortunately, ours was never dynoed before the auto swap.

Mainn

Established Member
How much power with 4r70 with tvs on gas?

Unlocked converter, no ignition timing in it at all, and on a dyno dynamics rather than a dynojet - dead on 500rwhp.

Would love to re-dyno some day after dialling in the tune and locking the converter to see what it could put down. My converter has a lot of slip in it.

genesmob

Established Member
I have a locked converter so that helps but my car actually made a little more power at the same timing on jpc dyno dynamics than AJs dynojet

genesmob

Established Member
Not sure had a bunch of stuff done at the same time. Charged me a fortune for base tunes 93 and 100 octane
and left it pig fat on the top end and subtracting around 20pct short term trims ,long terms left off plus left quite a few small parts off the car (plastic wheel well, convertible chassis stiffeners and k member cross brace). Lots of phone calls n still dont have everything back. If u take ur car there, go over it with a fine tooth comb to make sure everything is installed or u at least get ur parts back.

Users who are viewing this thread