Autologic Chips vs. Diablosport Chips

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
Well its time to go the modification route...I wanted to know the inherent advantages and disadvantages of both chips...I really want a chip that will enable me to run a couple programs (3+) which really sounds like Autologic as they apparently have 4 or 8 program chips...After talking to Lynn at Amazon Racing (Rick was unavailable) she mentioned that Diablosport is the only chip with 4-bank technology which really enable you to access all the 4V's parameters...Apparently Autologic only has 1-bank?...I need some light shed on this subject. Thanks

-pete:coolman:

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
you only need 1 bank to tune your car, I'd look around for dyno tunning in your area and use the chip they use. all tuners in my area use autologic, so if I want to get it tuned I need an autologic....

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
here is the way I see it.

autologic
+ 4 and 8 way chips
+ tuned right on the dyno

- doesnt have access to all memory banks

Diablo
+ access to 4 memory banks

- only has a 1 or 2 way chip
- aside from getting tuned at diablo, chips are mail order

Fordchip
+ access to 4 memory banks
+ tuned on dyno

- only has 1 or 2 way chip

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by auyon
you only need 1 bank to tune your car, I'd look around for dyno tunning in your area and use the chip they use. all tuners in my area use autologic, so if I want to get it tuned I need an autologic....
For most situations this may be true but I wouldnt say so for all of them.

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
Specifically, what does access to all memory banks do for you?...Is there an advantage to having access to all 4?...I hear it is easier to program with Autologic rather than Diablo...Anyone?

-pete

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by cobrapete03'
Specifically, what does access to all memory banks do for you?...Is there an advantage to having access to all 4?...I hear it is easier to program with Autologic rather than Diablo...Anyone?

-pete
I think the advantages will vary depending on what EEC your working on and for mildy modded cars my understanding is that all you need is the 1st bank. This is only speculation at this point, but I havent heard of an autologic tuner getting the KB to work without the BAP yet where as Diablo has, not sure if this is a 1 VS 4 bank deal or not so take it with a gain of salt.

As for being easier, Autolog software is sold by family and most of the parameters that are changed are mapped out and the tuner has a nice user interface. The diablo software, from what I understand, was a lot more cryptic and needed a better understanding to use and I think is one reason that the "Revolution" software was not made available to dealers until the interface was a bit more easy to use. As of a few weeks ago ALL diablo tunes came from diablo no matter what dealer you got them from. Like Superchip, diablo does thier own tuning (ie file creation) and makes the files available to their dealers to use.

Terminator03

banned
I don't know all the specifics of each chip but my car ran like sh*t with an autologic compared to the Diablo Flip I'm running.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I dont really believe it has much to do with the chip as much as it does with the tuner!!! With that said, Rick at Amazon Racing and a Diablo Chip!!!

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
I dont really believe it has much to do with the chip as much as it does with the tuner!!! With that said, Rick at Amazon Racing and a Diablo Chip!!!

Bingo! I'm running an autologic chip and it seems to be running very good! I'm pretty happy with it! Although I wished I could of gotten a Diablo now that I know we have a local Diablo sport tuner... Anybody want to trade?

I don't care what chip you run, if the tuner's not a pro, it's going to suck!

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by Forbidden Snake
Bingo! I'm running an autologic chip and it seems to be running very good! I'm pretty happy with it! Although I wished I could of gotten a Diablo now that I know we have a local Diablo sport tuner... Anybody want to trade?

I don't care what chip you run, if the tuner's not a pro, it's going to suck!
Once again there is a common misconception about "tuners". Diablo has been working on the revolution software which will allow their tuners to do custom tunes and from what I have hear no one has this software yet. Other than that, the ONLY people who make diablo tunes are Patrick and Willie at diablo. All their dealers simply use the tunes they create and put them on a chip, they dont actually do tuning aside from picking the proper preexisting file to use. Now, I dont have a problem with this but if they tell you they can get you in and out in an afternoon that may or may not be the case. If your setup is not something an existing tune matches well then you may have to wait a few days for diablo to make the tune and in turn make it available to their dealers.

I for one wish I live in FL, cause I would be right at diablo getting mine done, but mailorder tunes and me just dont seem to get along :(

Last edited:

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by Shadowgray03
Once again there is a common misconception about "tuners". Diablo has been working on the revolution software which will allow their tuners to do custom tunes and from what I have hear no one has this software yet. Other than that, the ONLY people who make diablo tunes are Patrick and Willie at diablo. All their dealers simply use the tunes they create and put them on a chip, they dont actually do tuning aside from picking the proper preexisting file to use. Now, I dont have a problem with this but if they tell you they can get you in and out in an afternoon that may or may not be the case. If your setup is not something an existing tune matches well then you may have to wait a few days for diablo to make the tune and in turn make it available to their dealers.

I for one wish I live in FL, cause I would be right at diablo getting mine done, but mailorder tunes and me just dont seem to get along :(

Shiet.... I didn't know that. I though those guys did their own tuning and burning, independent of diablo themselves. I'll have to verify with one of the local shops here.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Yes u do need to ask....which sucks.

Just make sure that they can Tune on the Fly & what chip they are using....but if ur using the Autologic the Tuner is making the changes NOT Autologic.

Users who are viewing this thread