Automobile Mag Article on 2013 GT500

03Cobra05GT

Established Member

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice read. Raimairgt is the man!

It looks like SVT Performance trumped all big media with the initial coverage of this car.

Who is going to be the first member on the dyno or track?

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
The way the article was written WITH ACTUAL FACTS, it pretty much humiliates the ZL- whatever in every way.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
The article, found here:

Up In Smoke: 2013 Ford Shelby GT 500 Demonstrates its 662 Horses - Rumor Central

Has the video from our very own member ramairgt! And to top it off, I love this part of the article:

cool stuff to see that SVTP is a credible source for info

the quote you put from the article made me :lol1:, however to be fair they are comparing the slowest ZL1 time, to a good GT500 time, though we know in better conditions and a fresh car it will lay down a couple tenths better....:beer:

jtfx6552

Established Member
Interesting how Automobile figured their way around the press embargo by ripping off youtube and this site. Hopefully they don't have a large enough audience that some one will get pissed off and prevent future "Raimairgt" type people from being given any access at all.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member

the quote you put from the article made me :lol1:, however to be fair they are comparing the slowest ZL1 time, to a good GT500 time, though we know in better conditions and a fresh car it will lay down a couple tenths better....:beer:

Oh I know. I just found it amusing. They stated that was the time that they ran when they tested a ZL1. They claim they will also be testing a 2013 GT500, so I'd be very curious as to what time they can turn in it.

Interesting how Automobile figured their way around the press embargo by ripping off youtube and this site. Hopefully they don't have a large enough audience that some one will get pissed off and prevent future "Raimairgt" type people from being given any access at all.

Yes, I found that interesting as well. But I don't think they are held to the same embargo, because as I understood it, the embargo agreement is only between the media that has actually gotten their hands on the cars and been able to test them. This place wasn't actually there, so I don't know if that makes a difference? :shrug:

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
He should have copyrighted it, but too late now.
All of this is fantastic PR for Ford, no matter how you slice it.
Took the underpowered and overweight chebbie right off the middle page to the back pages
where it should have been all along.
Quite coup for Ford and the SVT team ever since the speculative (650) numbers were released,
and then again when the cert numbers (662) were released.
No bailout here folks, just AMERICAN free enterprise at work.
Kudos to Bill Ford and Alan Mulally for giving the go ahead for it.
Nobody even cares about the ZL whatever any more, except kool aid drinkers.

Last edited:

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Cool. SVTP and its members is the number 1 source for everything mustang. I bet the mags lurk the site.

Klinsmann18

The Hoss
Established Member
He should have copyrighted it, but too late now.
All of this is fantastic PR for Ford, no matter how you slice it.
Took the underpowered and overweight chebbie right off the middle page to the back pages
where it should have been all along.
Quite coup for Ford and the SVT team ever since the speculative (650) numbers were released,
and then again when the cert numbers (662) were released.
No bailout here folks, just AMERICAN free enterprise at work.
Kudos to Bill Ford and Alan Mulally for giving the go ahead for it.
Nobody even cares about the ZL whatever any more, except kool aid drinkers.
written/recorded word and/or video are automatically copyrighted by its owner upon authorship. You don't have to specifically apply for them like a patent. Ramairgt1 can send a cease and desist message to Automobile magazine right now and they must remove it, or, they can start paying him. Their choice.

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
written/recorded word and/or video are automatically copyrighted by its owner upon authorship. You don't have to specifically apply for them like a patent. Ramairgt1 can send a cease and desist message to Automobile magazine right now and they must remove it, or, they can start paying him. Their choice.

True! Did this with my ZR1 Fail video on YT and other sites

chuckstang

Established Member

that gt500 is not a good time for it hahahah

Its the first time!

Only gona get better from here brotha

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
short answer, no he can't force them to remove the videos, cease & desist or otherwise. nor can he force them to pay any form of royalty to him. they have not stolen anything, nor infringed on any of his ownership rights what so ever. the videos on their website are embedded streams FROM youtube.
however, if they actually pulled the videos off of youtube(one of many 'youtube downloader' utilities) and then either re-uploaded it under their name and linked it to their website or uploaded it directly to their website, then he would have legal ground to send them a 'cease & desist' since that would be pure theft.

long answer - first thing is READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE on ANY website that you plan to upload content of you're own creation to. here's an excerpt from youtube's TOS...
For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your Content. However, by submitting Content to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and YouTube's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service. The above licenses granted by you in video Content you submit to the Service terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you remove or delete your videos from the Service. You understand and agree, however, that YouTube may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your videos that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in user comments you submit are perpetual and irrevocable.
what this is basically saying is that the content creator and uploader retains all rights to said content, BUT they also extend these same rights(basically) to youtube by using their service to host said content.
what it also says is that, by agreeing to the TOS, you are granting any user of the service(youtube) to "use, reproduce, distribute, and display" your content in accordance to the service's TOS. I.E., by uploading a video to youtube you're allowing anyone to link to, embed, and stream your content. however, youtube's TOS does not give users of the service permission to pull your content off of youtube and take possession of it.
also, note that the videos in the automag article are NOT hosted on ramairgt1's own youtube account, but SVTPerformance's(travis's) youtube account. in this case, even if a 'cease & desist' could force automag to remove the embedded video streams, i believe it would have to come from travis(SID197) and not ramairgt1. though i'm not positive on that.

so, speaking directly towards the automag article, they have done nothing wrong legally or morally and are free to use ANY content on youtube as they please, so long as it falls under youtube's TOS.

also keep in mind that many discussions forums may claim rights to the content of your posts as well, depending on the wording of the TOS that you agree to. this goes for any other content hosting website as well, you may be extending your rights to them depending on what the TOS says.
and then we have 'fair use' law as well...
there might be a few details here that are wrong, but you get the overall point.

Klinsmann18

The Hoss
Established Member
....there's always one on every forum....thank you for that very very very very long response.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We now have a high-res version GT500 launching at Commerce from Ramairgt1:

[youtube_browser]SXPSDyI6Zhg[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread