AutoTrix Sequential Tail Lights

autotrix

Established Member
I must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed today Stalker27. I apologize again for my unnecessary rudeness. We are exiting a transition stage between module designs. We had updated the diagram at the top of our instructions to the new design and left the bottom as is for the remaining older style module orders in the mail or possibly on someone's shelf waiting to be installed.

Last edited:

autotrix

Established Member
I must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed today Stalker27. I apologize again for my unnecessary rudeness. We are exiting a transition stage between module designs. We had updated the diagram at the top of our instructions to the new design and left the bottom as is for the remaining modules older style module orders in the mail or possibly on someone's shelf waiting to be installed.

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
Woa, fast shipping! The kit was at my doorstep this morning. :banana: I bought the splice in kit and installed it this evening. Very easy install, I took a little extra time to solder and head shrink all the connections instead of using the supplied butt connectors. The instructions were very good and easy to follow. Works great no problems at all.

Last edited:

1SLO GT

Established Member
Hey man i got my kit a few days ago, installed the sequencers on my 96 Taillights and im having major issues.
ALL WHILE CAR IS RUNNING

1. When i turn my turn signals on they will work for a few seconds, then blink erraticly sometimes, BUT sometimes they work fine just a little fast.

2. IF my headlights are on and i use my turn signal on either side, the OUTER bulb on either side WILL NOT Flash

3. When i put my foot on the brakes the INNER bulbs light up, BUT it takes the center bulbs 10-15seconds to light up, and the outer bulbs BARELY LIGHT UP another 10 seconds after the center ones.

I thought maybe i wired them wrong SOOOOO i took them all apart REWIRED with heat shrink connectors, and tried again, Same results, SOOOOOO i tried on 2 Other cars and the same results. Any idea whats wrong?????

1SLO GT

Established Member
WELLLLL i emailed them on the 20th and they replied saying i should go buy a new flasher from a parts store, and actuall ive already done this as i manage a local autozone store, and still issues, i emailed them back and still no response, its been 3 days ive emailed them 3 times, called 3 times, left a message nce and no resolution to my problem..........................................

gnomee2

Established Member
WELLLLL i emailed them on the 20th and they replied saying i should go buy a new flasher from a parts store, and actuall ive already done this as i manage a local autozone store, and still issues, i emailed them back and still no response, its been 3 days ive emailed them 3 times, called 3 times, left a message nce and no resolution to my problem..........................................

Slow down here man.

I'm sorry your having trouble. We manufacture these modules by hand. They get tested after they are made, then tested again after they are expoxied. We have shipped over 200 of these modules with 0% failure rate. Two customers have exchanged them and ended up finding out they had additional issues with their car.

Below is the email sent to you on 4/21

Ben,

I am sorry that I have to miss your calls but I am a full time student with a part time job plus Autotrix! The end of the semester is here and things are a bit crazy for me, I apologize and hope that you understand my situation.

Okay. If they work better with the new flasher in ( or at least properly ) we know that your install should be okay. So long as the connections are good and the bulb elements are okay and not barely making contact.

Are there any other contributing factors that I am not aware of? Many outside factors can effect the performance of the modules mainly a low voltage issue; LED resistors, charging system problem, low idle, faulty brake switch. I am just trying to point-point the issue.

It seems like the majority of people with any problems generally come from the 96's, what other years did you install the kit onto?

We have had only 2 of hundreds of people return their modules thinking that they were bad, and in fact they were just fine upon testing them when they arrived and were re-sold.

FYI; Our return policy is as follows in case you are at your wits end: Send the modules back with as much wire leads on them as possible. Upon arrival we will test them and let you know our results and either refund your money or send another set out.

Please keep me informed, I want you to be able to enjoy these sequentials!

Thanks,
Clint Smith
AutoTrix :: Home
[email protected]

1SLO GT

Established Member
HEY Clint i didnt receive that email, im looking in my email now, BUT im going to email you back and see if we can figure it out.

autotrix

Established Member
We are going to update our site with more specific Refund, Warranty, and Return policies.

For the record: We sell a specific part(s) designed around a specific year range. These parts are only tested and guaranteed to work on the listed year range. We do not offer refunds, only exchanges.

i.e 99-01 cobras with swapped taillights and harnesses, and 94-95 mustangs with swapped taillights and harnesses.

There are several people and links that have adopted new taillights, harnesses, and sequentials but we are not responsible for adapting our kit to these situations.
Here is a good write up on one of the subjects listed above:HOW-TO: install WORKING cobra taillights on a GT

Last edited:

meats50

Established Member
so of the kits sold to the people on here whic do ppl prefer best? plug and play kit or the standard kit? and is the slower sequence kit stil available?

Users who are viewing this thread