AV8SS racing at BeaveRun then Nashville on Labor Day

b_tone

East bound and down!!!!
Established Member
The AV8SS will be making a stop at BeaveRun on August 6-7 as part of the Muscle Car weekend. In addition to the AV8SS cars there will be a ShifterKart race as well as a Stock Car race. Qualifying on Saturday and Races on Sunday.

AV8SS will then run at Nashville Superspeedway on Labor Day weekend. They are offering $4k cash purse and nearly $10K in total awards.

media_4.jpg

If anyone comes out to either of these events please stop by and say hello, Mark Wilson and I will be at both with the #29 car ready to race, and hopefully win!

For more information on either event please visit the AV8SS website for details!

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
IRS subframe. If you remember, my rear hubs were bad for the last time you guys were down. Put it in the shop at Delk, and managed to pick up off Ebay the KB IRS subframe Dean had listed round the first of June. They've been pretty busy since Mosport, haven't seen it here yet. So basically, the entire rear is out of the car waiting on the subframe to arrive. I had planned on sneaking up to Gingerman next weekend, but that's out now.

It's not that I think they won't get it here, so don't think I'm griping. Hopefully they'll be coming to Barber end of the month, and I can just meet them here on the way down and pick it up then. I also picked up 2 sets of GAC's from them.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
I happened to speak to Dean today and he advised me that he was sent to Chicago all week but that your IRS carrier was supposed to be sent out today. If it's not gone when he get's home today we'll bring it down to Fed-Ex tomorrow.

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
Mark, I appreciate that. I knew it was coming, and that he's been extremely busy. It's just put a few things on hold is all. The guys at Delk are the only ones griping, and they can wait on me for a change.

Dean's been great about all this, I don't want anyone thinking I'm griping about the deal. Crap happens, especially in the series he's running. My small taters can wait, and I think it'll be worth the wait, after talking to you guys about it your last trip down this-a-way. Regardless, I'll be at the race in Sept to at least help you remove the hood.....

Mr Smeltzer, Sept out of state anything is a no go this year, unfortunately. Two events in Nashville that month, and I've got a couple of new guys training, not sure if I'm up to leaving town with my name in their hands yet.

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
AV8SS at Beaver Run this wked.....

Who's going to Beaver Run this wked?

It's going to be another great time with the AV8SS group. Every event is getting bigger. I guess the word is getting out, that they put on a very professional event.

Well I'll be there challenging any and all. :burnout: :poke:
Anyone up for it?

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Cobra R Man said:
AV8SS at Beaver Run this wked.....
Who's going to Beaver Run this wked? It's going to be another great time with the AV8SS group. Every event is getting bigger. I guess the word is getting out, that they put on a very professional event. Well I'll be there challenging any and all. :burnout: :poke: Anyone up for it?
hey gene, have fun out there! :pepper: if I didnt have to check on a small garage project I've got going on, I'd be there....I even thought about bringing my 93R, as it should meet av8ss rules (or at least I'd find out what didnt) and run at the back of the pack to test it out, being I havent driven it on track yet :shrug: but I should be able to do that at the glen on august 22-23 :rockon:
go out there and make us IMSA guys proud! :D :thumbsup:

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Bruce,

It broke a valve, busted the block, and chewed a head. :(

But on the other hand, it gave me reason to build a dedicated track motor. I was always using my street motors.

Now everything is new. As a matter of fact, I just got it running tonight, for BeaveRun. Putting the exhaust on in the morn., leaving out ASAP.

Thanks for asking.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Good Luck with it Gene. Hope the motor is nice and strong for you and puts a grin on your face?!? Nothing like "giggling" with elation when you're on track?!? If you know what I mean?!?!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread