Avalanche gray GT350

lilredcoupe

Established Member
I was at TWS for the final roundup today and got my first look at a GT350. The car is sexy as hell IMO. They popped the hood but would not let us take any pics of the engine. They had tape over a badge that was on the strut tower brace. I can only assume it was the HP rating. The marketing rep for Ford mentioned that the car will make significantly more than 500hp, not barely over like 502. He also said the production numbers would be close to that of the '14 GT500. He said there would be three packages, tech pack, track pack and R model. He fired it up for us and it sounded fantastic. Definitely a different "raspy" tone to it. He demonstrated the different exhaust modes. If I can I'll add the video. At any rate the car was gorgeous and I can't wait to see them on the road. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Nice pics! Just wish the Recaros were an option with the Tech package, or hopefully track & elec can be combined. They give you anymore info besides what you posted?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Tob,

Can you tell what the badge says? I wonder why they were so adamant about making sure it was covered up?

If you've followed the GT350 since inception you'd have noticed how quirky Ford has been with respect to the use of the SVT name. Somebody at Ford chopped the SVT badge/plate/whatever from the STB. Then a photo surfaced with it on there. Same goes for the sill plates, Ford has toyed with at least three different ones and the latest ones show SVT on them whereas the early ones didn't. As far as what the STB plate says, I can't tell. Enhancing it does nothing and this is the only photo I've seen with it on to date.

__%20GT350%20SVT%20plate%20on%20STB.jpg

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
GT350 Front Side.jpg

What color is this then? This is what I was ready to order and told my dealer was Avalanche Gray but I am not seeing it. You think this is a different color all together or just a CGI let down?

Lemers

Established Member
I think it was an "artists interpretation" of the GT350 that was inspired by Eleanor. We assumed it was Avalanche Gray from the Leaked Ordering Guide because it wasn't Magnetic. Just like Liquid Blue isn't going to be production color (in the first year) neither will the CGI Preview Silver.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
I think it was an "artists interpretation" of the GT350 that was inspired by Eleanor. We assumed it was Avalanche Gray from the Leaked Ordering Guide because it wasn't Magnetic. Just like Liquid Blue isn't going to be production color (in the first year) neither will the CGI Preview Silver.

But was the CGI color closer to what you had in mind?

I am thinking of just getting a GT and waiting for the 2nd or third year now. No over MSRP, bugs worked out and maybe different colors. I might even get that sub-woofer too, lol.

That grey shown above has evoked a "yuck" from everyone at my shop. I was severely disappointed as was my family when I saw that. But no Guard, no Silver and now "Dishwater Grey" is an option.

Lemers

Established Member
I said in the other thread that I was expecting the CGI color.

I like the DIB and Magnetic too, leaning blue. If I can get one while overseas it will work better for me.

As far as Guard, as much as I would want that color I bet Ford won't offer the GT350 in it.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
I said in the other thread that I was expecting the CGI color.

I like the DIB and Magnetic too, leaning blue. If I can get one while overseas it will work better for me.

As far as Guard, as much as I would want that color I bet Ford won't offer the GT350 in it.

Sorry about that, saw it after I posted here.

I think in a year or two there will be other colors, including maybe the Liquid Blue as a premium option.

I am going Magnetic with Black Stripes or Black with none. 95% Magnetic with the Black Stripes now that I saw the Avalanche.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Maybe it's bad lighting in the picture, but I'm not digging that Avalanche Gray.

lilredcoupe

Established Member
I thought it looked pretty good in person. I'd like to see it with stripes. The lighting was not good, they had it under a tent the whole day accept when they made the parade laps. The only pics I got not under the tent were the ones at sunrise. Again not great lighting.

04forcefed

1 of 281
Established Member
Love the car but for some reason the rear bumper just screams plain to me. Not a huge fan of the new tail lights. BUT all in all one beautiful car IMO.

Lemers

Established Member
Right!!! The rear bumper should be the most aesthetically pleasing part of this car... Since it's going to be the part of the car everyone is watching as it pulls away on the road

04forcefed

1 of 281
Established Member
Totally agree man! Like I said the car is gorgeous but a little more styling hours could have went into the rear

Users who are viewing this thread