Avalanche gray GT350

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
...this is the only photo I've seen with it on to date.

__%20GT350%20SVT%20plate%20on%20STB.jpg

I just saw a second underhood shot that was posted on a Ford Raptor forum. I laid it atop the press shot that snuck out some time ago.

_GT350%20underhood%20comparison%20early_late.jpg

The top photo would be (my WAG) the latest rendition. I see black insulated panels form-fitted to the strut tower faces, an additional length of moulding or seal on the airbox (to the right of the air filter) as well as an updated version of the earlier strut tower brace.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Your eyes are playing tricks on you, Tob. There are no panels in the strut towers.

[edit]
Is it me or does the 5.2 look smallish? Or am I just too used to seeing my 5.4?

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Look again at the strut tower faces, not "in" the strut towers. Between the engine and the towers the panels are clearly in place in the top photo.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Look again at the strut tower faces, not "in" the strut towers. Between the engine and the towers the panels are clearly in place in the top photo.

Oh, I see them now on the strut tower walls.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
My point was that there is a general way and a more technical method.

As for SVTP, it's an adult car forum.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Somebody caught the blue GT350 that has traveled the country with its hood up while in NY.

_GT350%20at%20NYIAS%20in%20blue.jpg

_GT350%20at%20NYIAS%20in%20blue1a.jpg

Interesting to note that the engine bay was a dull black (which would allow for quick repaint of the body if somebody wanted to change the color), seal or flap near the air box is in place, the top half of the coolant overflow tank is painted or colored black, and there's no shroud covering the "Carbon Fiber Composite" section. Early strut tower brace looks to have been painted to match the body and it looks as though the SVT plate isn't there either. I'd guess that this specific car has a CF shaft in place as much as they aren't (reportedly) going to make production.

Lemers

Established Member
I hoped that ford would release more GT350 info at NY.

I really think we should have a price before 11 May if it can be ordered at that time.

Just like the 2015 mustang final HP numbers can come out later.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
NYIAS isn't over yet but don't think much of anything will come out.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
There was supposed to be a media event in the near future with more information on the car to be released. You'll hear about it here as soon as it happens.

Lemers

Established Member
There was supposed to be a media event in the near future with more information on the car to be released. You'll hear about it here as soon as it happens.

Can't wait for it. Right now seems like we aren't getting much and time is running out before we can order them.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Always seems something breaks when it goes very quiet. A bit came out at the Texas event a few weeks ago and there was not much before that except NAIAS.

Lemers

Established Member
I believe they are going to hold something back for a couple days after 16 May. To get the 2016 camaro out of the news cycle for a few days

Users who are viewing this thread