Votes: 10 6.0%

Votes: 14 8.4%
  • Can't relate, but show me the results

Votes: 53 31.7%

• Total voters

PIXER

Banned
****UPDATE****

Was at a local meet and was talking to a fellow Cobra owner with 2.93 and (4)idlers, Come to find out it was my belt slipping!!! The thing was sooooo tight, I didn't beleave him (gatorback belt mixed with BF Non-slip pulley) I even had the 74.5" belt (and new idler bracket) Well the reason is was that the belt wasn't seating correctly due to gatorbacks design. Went home an put the stock belt on (even though it is .1" longer than BF recommends) and now I am seeing 15 PSI!!!! I think I feel a little belt slip when I jump it at high rpms (but alot less than with the gatorback, not even sure if its belt slip but whatever it is/was it lessened with the new belt) So try putting your stock belt on, even though you paid $50 for the new belt. See if that helps. I'm waiting on getting a new belt because thinking of changing my lower. But I was going to try Gates instead.
Hope it helps.
Mark

DitchTehFish

Established Member
PIXER said:
****UPDATE****

Was at a local meet and was talking to a fellow Cobra owner with 2.93 and (4)idlers, Come to find out it was my belt slipping!!! The thing was sooooo tight, I didn't beleave him (gatorback belt mixed with BF Non-slip pulley) I even had the 74.5" belt (and new idler bracket) Well the reason is was that the belt wasn't seating correctly due to gatorbacks design. Went home an put the stock belt on (even though it is .1" longer than BF recommends) and now I am seeing 15 PSI!!!! I think I feel a little belt slip when I jump it at high rpms (but alot less than with the gatorback, not even sure if its belt slip but whatever it is/was it lessened with the new belt) So try putting your stock belt on, even though you paid $50 for the new belt. See if that helps. I'm waiting on getting a new belt because thinking of changing my lower. But I was going to try Gates instead.
Hope it helps.
Mark

Are you SURE the stock belt is longer than what BF recommends(gates # K080755)? I thought the stock belt is shorter than what BF recommends with a 2.93 and 4pc. idlers?

Last edited:

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I'm getting 18lbs as of this morning. BF 2.93 & idlers & new bracket. Put in 4 lb lower today with 797 belt. Course I have the SCT x cal 2 tune in as well.

Users who are viewing this thread