Aviator pump question

95FSTCOBRA

Established Member
Just bought a Aviator pump for my 98 cobra, Question do I need to drill a few hole in the basket?

mark23svt

Established Member
Hey op where did u buy it from I was just about to order a svt focus fuel pump for 200.00 plus tax and shipping.

95FSTCOBRA

Established Member
Hey op where did u buy it from I was just about to order a svt focus fuel pump for 200.00 plus tax and shipping.

Lol got mine from a salvage yard at a great price $50 low miles aviator. Pm NeverFastEngh) I believe he has a svt focus pump he selling.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Yes I would drill holes in the basket. My aviator was sucking the basket dry. Just don't race with less then a 1/4 tank since we have no baffles in our tank.

95FSTCOBRA

Established Member
Yes I would drill holes in the basket. My aviator was sucking the basket dry. Just don't race with less then a 1/4 tank since we have no baffles in our tank.

Cool. I've have heard good and bad about drilling holes in the basket just need a few advice before moving forward. Pm sent.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
I run the aviator in my 98 and did not drill holes in the basket. I have no problems but it is just a street car. It never see's wot past 1/4 mile at the most. If I was gonna do a 0 to top speed run I would consider it but that would be about it. But I also don't get on it if I'm showing close to a 1/4 tank. That applies to all my cars.

Users who are viewing this thread