B-Day night drive home ..... Smoked a GT

RickieFrat

Established Member
Lets just say it was fast !! I was in the high speed lane doing around 75 following a Boston Police Cruiser on Rt 93(?). Tossed on the radar dect. to see if he was running his gun. His gun was off, so not to piss him off I switched lanes to the second with less traffic. Just as I move over a 85-86 Stang GT almost side swipes me on my right. On my left there was a Blazer or Surburban. Not to get in the squezze of things I down shifted and pasted them both. Keep in mind the cop up ahead. As I keep my distance with the cop the Stang wants to play ... . Now I have a car full, so me always being up for racing, i'm down. We kept going back and forth of follow the leader. Now my Exit is coming up. I jump on Rt 24 to ead back to Eric's house and for some strange reason the cop deciedes to stay on 93 heading for 95. Well the stang deciedes to follow me last second. He plays catch up for about a mile or so. Thats when I see his lights in my rear view. I'm like hmmmmmm .... Randy ... is that that stang ??? He was like ..... yup. I was like hmmmm ... ok he wants to play serious. He gets on the side of me on a open highway doing around 85. I hear him down shift and i give chase. With a full car I pull on him HARD. I pass him around 95 still pulling hard at 115 and shut her down around 130 (which I had a real good lead) as he does the fly by. He gets off the next exit giving me the thumbs up with hands waving out his window. In return I flash my lights in good responce of a race owned. WOOOOOOHOOOOOO Another kill to place on my belt !!!!!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by 00JSVT
SHOs will take anything in the higher speeds, always nice to know the faster you go the more power you have in a SHO.

Yah, but the only problem you have is how do you catch them to show them your higher speeds.:burn:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by 00JSVT
SHOs will take anything in the higher speeds, always nice to know the faster you go the more power you have in a SHO.

Anything huh? :-D

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I bet in a kick down a sho would 'hang' with a stock Cobra & L

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
I bet in a kick down a sho would 'hang' with a stock Cobra & L

What in the world are you smoking. A stock Cobra or Lightning and a stock SHO, no matter the year.

Come on Ryan, please

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I knew I'd get that response. But I've heard of quite a few guys doing kickdownswith the LT1s I believe it is Camaros, and hanging with them.

A Stock Gen II Ls turns 13.9s? Right (Correct me if I'm wrong), ok maybe you got me on the Cobra one seeing how GR8 turned a 13.6 with his 'stock' GT, but in the stick we all know it comes down to the drive....find a SHO, and try. I bet he will some what hang....whether its at your back bumper or buy 1 car, to me...that is hanging with, 4doors and only 6 cylinders!!!

Originally posted by FordSVTFan

What in the world are you smoking. A stock Cobra or Lightning and a stock SHO, no matter the year.

Come on Ryan, please

RickieFrat

Established Member
God .... How did I know it would come to this ???

You guys are posting 1/4 times right ??? Of course your gonna bury me in the sand. My car is tops a mid to low 15 sec 1/4 mile burner. But on the high way I could somewhat hang. Everybody knows that if you change to a lower gear (i.e. 4:10s) you lose top speed. Thus giving you a better launch off the line. but on the highway your top speed is decreased due to the gears. I can't change my gears. (Grrrrrr)

I'm talking about high way racing. There is no stop ... line up .. and go. Its just go. But if your car has a top speed of we'll say 130 with all mods .... Sooner or later i'll pass you with a top speed of 145 mph. That is if Grandpa doesn't decied to switch lanes to pass Grandma.

Right ?????:-? Flame away ........ :burn: :D

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by RickieFrat
Everybody knows that if you change to a lower gear (i.e. 4:10s) you lose top speed. Thus giving you a better launch off the line. but on the highway your top speed is decreased due to the gears. I can't change my gears. (Grrrrrr)

I'm talking about high way racing. There is no stop ... line up .. and go. Its just go. But if your car has a top speed of we'll say 130 with all mods .... Sooner or later i'll pass you with a top speed of 145 mph. That is if Grandpa doesn't decied to switch lanes to pass Grandma.

Right ?????:-? Flame away ........ :burn: :D

Last time I checked anything that isn't higher than a high 4.X gear still has a gear limited speed close to 200 MPH. And with 4.6 Mustangs in particularly, going with a 4.10 gear or higher will actually help them go faster on the top end because of the torque factor being increased to overcome drag.

Last edited:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by RickieFrat
Sooner or later i'll pass you with a top speed of 145 mph.
I'll pull to 152 or 154 (depending on who you read/believe) in fourth, since I have stock 3.27s. The stock motor won't pull fifth, even to there. Once you start changing gears, fifth becomes available for top speed.

I DO agree that with a stick it is all about the driver. However, from a roll, at any speed, driver clutch/throttle/shifter skill pales in comparison to picking the right gear to get you in your powerband. I have yet to find a SHO that can "hang" with a stock 98 Cobra from a 45 punch or 80 punch. :-D (And two have tried...) Now if I had been in third for the 45 or fourth at 80, I have no doubt they could have hung with me, four-cam 4.6 loves to rev :rolling:

MKTSC

Established Member
nice kill. i love sho's. almost bought one before i picked up my sc. i've raced a couple of them, and they're damn quick. just curious, but what do they top out at? i know my sc cuts out around 155, what are the sho's limited to? anyway, nice kill, and keep up the good work!
-matt

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Well Jimbo, if all goes as planned, the Batmobile will be down there in SA :p

Originally posted by Blue98Cobra
I'll pull to 152 or 154 (depending on who you read/believe) in fourth, since I have stock 3.27s. The stock motor won't pull fifth, even to there. Once you start changing gears, fifth becomes available for top speed.

I DO agree that with a stick it is all about the driver. However, from a roll, at any speed, driver clutch/throttle/shifter skill pales in comparison to picking the right gear to get you in your powerband. I have yet to find a SHO that can "hang" with a stock 98 Cobra from a 45 punch or 80 punch. :-D (And two have tried...) Now if I had been in third for the 45 or fourth at 80, I have no doubt they could have hung with me, four-cam 4.6 loves to rev :rolling:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
Well Jimbo, if all goes as planned, the Batmobile will be down there in SA :p

And we will line them up :-D. It'd be cool to line up at River City Raceway, about thirty minutes east of the Medical Center, in Marion... Wednesday night is "test-n-tune"...:rolling:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Psh, no way would I 'line'em up' I'd get killed the SHO shines on a roll..but ah..what the heck...I'd have to anyways!!!

Originally posted by Blue98Cobra
And we will line them up :-D. It'd be cool to line up at River City Raceway, about thirty minutes east of the Medical Center, in Marion... Wednesday night is "test-n-tune"...:rolling:

SHOTIME

Established Member
Whats up guys and gals

I was right seat with rickie on this night. And we did pull rather hard on the Mustang

im not going to get into a long debate, but i was clocked by a state trooper at 162 miles an hour. (got a gun pulled on me that night)

And I have dyno numbers to 185MPH (keep in mind, no wind resistance)

So take it all as you will.

:burn: :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread