B-DAY present..2.80 RR pulley, now need a plan!

stvdman

Established Member
Ok, the wife really tried hard this year to get me a gift that would surprise and delight me. Normally i would assume that would be a free gift of.....well you get the idea.

BUT instead she got me a 2.80 Reichard Racing upper pulley. Very nice looking piece and I am pretty excited. She thought the pulley was just "bolt it on and go". I knew better so here is the fun part.

Along with the pulley I plan:
-74.5" belt
-Billetflow Single Snub Idler 100mm pulley
-NGK TR6 plugs (gapped .035)
-replace fuel filter (original is still there)
-dyno tune (St. Pete / Tampa area tuner needed!)

Missing anything?

Only performance mods car has RAI, and Magnaflow C/B, thats it. 21,000 miles on the clock. Non engine mods are Centerforce D/F clutch and BF rear brace.

Thanks for any and all inputs.

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
You need to replace those stock idlers if you havent already. Unless you use the aftermarket 90mm, the 74.5 belt should work. However, if you get the Billetflow set, you may need a longer belt. Not sure on the Tampa area tuner, but the wife did good with picking out a pulley. I talk about my car so much with my wife but Im positive it goes in one ear and out the other. GL.

stvdman

Established Member
Really was hoping to not have to get all the pulleys, but after reading your reply, and searching more in the fourms here, it appears that is the most prudent thing to do.

So, since I like the BILLETFLOW stuff, here is what I am looking at:

2.76.......75.1".........K080751........4080750 (with 100mm Idler) (Stock Belt)

The also list the psecs for a 2.93, but not a 2.80. I sould guess the 2.76 is closest so going with that info would be best.

By what I read, the stock belt size of 75.1" would work for a 2.80 and 4 pices idler kit?

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
You should be fine with what you posted, issues with the stock idlers are very few and far between. The Billetflow idlers do without a doubt look better and haven't been known to have issues, but I wouldn't go as far to say they are necessary.

stvdman

Established Member
OK, ordered all the stuff in original post, gonna go with just the snub idler for now. So far have gotten in the plugs and belt. Ordered the snub pulley direct from billetflow, still waiting on that.

Yeah, mid pipe is next. Talk about another dilema. Off Road, X-pipe, H-pipe, cats, prochamber, magnaflow, bassani, upr, etc etc etc. Fun dilema though.

Users who are viewing this thread