B8 S4 Stage II Record - 11.4500 @ 119.56 with a 1.6032 60ft time

primetime

Established Member
Got out for one more test-n-tune before the tracks closed and set another record for the platform... Also, managed to cut a 1.57 60ft time on another pass but had a slight shift hangup otherwise I'd have gone 11.3x Lots of things planned for next year...

My Car: 2010 Audi S4 - DSG with sports dif, 9,680 miles, 3/8 tank of gas, tools and spare removed.

Mods: APR tune, APR DSG tune with LC disabled, APR pulley, JHM overdrive crank pulley, LFC's, miltek non-res exhaust, custom intake, APR CPS, front and rear sways, Alu Kruez, Brembo BBK, JHM LW rear rotors, BBS CHR's, tire pressure 32F 28R

Conditions: 41F, 30.08BP, and 38% humidity for a DA of 180
http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density...ck=58&month=11&day=21&year=2015&time=10:53 AM

https://youtu.be/5hjvBYvtcS4
https://youtu.be/1nStizb7EKU

IMG_2485_zpsjjpeza1r.jpg

primetime

Established Member
Thanks guys!

Yes, APR's been making tweaks to the tranny tune in an effort to improve the performance... Had some issues on several shifts with the car bouncing off the limiter before it shifts... Trap was way down also as I trapped 123.xx when I went 11.50 last time...

viperred, Yes, my car is the fastest B8/8.5 Audi S4. Basically, in NA it's any S4 from 2010 through 2016. Stage II is basic bolt ons... APR/Magnuson have launched a stage III blower which uses the Eaton TVS 1.74L blower(one that the vette uses) but it's not for sale to the public yet... The stock blower is the Eaton 1.32L TVS...

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like your clutches are slipping on the shifts. Not good. Probably why your trap is down 4 MPH.

I'd like to take my stage 2 S3 out to the track some time, it runs pretty strong for what it is. I believe I saw another stage 2 S3 post a few 11.8's/11.9's the other day on another forum.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Thanks guys!

Yes, APR's been making tweaks to the tranny tune in an effort to improve the performance... Had some issues on several shifts with the car bouncing off the limiter before it shifts... Trap was way down also as I trapped 123.xx when I went 11.50 last time...

viperred, Yes, my car is the fastest B8/8.5 Audi S4. Basically, in NA it's any S4 from 2010 through 2016. Stage II is basic bolt ons... APR/Magnuson have launched a stage III blower which uses the Eaton TVS 1.74L blower(one that the vette uses) but it's not for sale to the public yet... The stock blower is the Eaton 1.32L TVS...

Really curious to see what they will do when the new blower comes out, I have a B5 S4 and really like the B8's. The one thing I miss from all my V8's is that down low power.

Bokeo

Established Member
Very nice!! I am heavily considering an S Audi as my next vehicle. Anything major yet break? I love Audis but ive heard a few people say that they arent very reliable, is this true?

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Very nice!! I am heavily considering an S Audi as my next vehicle. Anything major yet break? I love Audis but ive heard a few people say that they arent very reliable, is this true?

Maintenance is key, you can't slack on it like you would a regular commuter car. That said I've had no issues with my Audi and a friend of mine put 110k miles on his CL65 which is very expensive to repair but he was religious on maintenance and didn't have many issues over the 8-9 years he had it.

It's kind of like when people complain about 6.0 diesel being horrible. I've had 2, if you stay up on maintenance they are just as reliable as anything else.

RSbeast

Established Member
Thompson?

I'm pretty sure you were there on the 7th when i ran my PB in the c5

DA was like 679...I should've gone Saturday lol

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

VW reliability has gone way up in the past 10 years. Both my S3 and my wife's SQ5 are solidly built cars, obviously I can't comment on how they will stand the test of time but both the 2.0T and 3.0T power plants have been around for a while now and are both reliable platforms. I wouldn't have any reiability concerns with buying a new VW/Audi of any sort as long as you take care of the car.

primetime

Established Member
Sounds like your clutches are slipping on the shifts. Not good. Probably why your trap is down 4 MPH.

I'd like to take my stage 2 S3 out to the track some time, it runs pretty strong for what it is. I believe I saw another stage 2 S3 post a few 11.8's/11.9's the other day on another forum.

Clutches are fine... With APR's AMAX shifting the timing stays high, car dumps 10% boost and intentionally slips to shift faster... Yes the S3 is a nice car and doing well already... Wish it was a true quattro car and not haledex, get a controller for it... I have a 13 TTRS so I'm familar...

Really curious to see what they will do when the new blower comes out, I have a B5 S4 and really like the B8's. The one thing I miss from all my V8's is that down low power.

Unfortunately, early results haven't been the greatest... ARP went 11.3 full weight and 11.1 gutted on slicks... A "beta" car got walked hard by a stage II car... The blower just isn't big enough so you still have to spin it very fast and the heat is getting to high... Magnusson is making some changes but we'll see...

Congrats!

TY!

Quality has improved... The 2010's had t-stat and water pump issues but they were fixed under warranty... Cars have been good for most people and don't suffer from carbon build as bad as some of the older DI cars. The mechatronics(brain for tranny) fails on cars as well... Mine's a weekend toy and at 6 years old only has 9,700 miles! lol Oh and it's made 289 1/4 mile passes!

Thompson?

I'm pretty sure you were there on the 7th when i ran my PB in the c5

DA was like 679...I should've gone Saturday lol

LOL! Yep Thompson... Small world... I'm there all the time... Your vette is silver or black? Should have came last week, it was dead... I made 9 passes in about 45 minutes... Was cold but AWD still hooks as you can see by my 60's... Keep an eye out for me next year and come by and introduce yourself... I'm there all spring and fall and usually hit Wed. in the summer... I avoid the big Saturday's as I like racing more than standing and watching... lol

RSbeast

Established Member
Silver coupe

Was working over the c5z's lol

(I went 12.26 at 118.69 on street tires)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread