Baby seats in a sn95

kit5pt0

Established Member
I'm thinking about picking up a sn95 as a daily driver. I have 1 baby now and am planning on a 2nd. I'm looking for anyone's experience with room and baby seats. I'm looking for info on front facing seat, rear facing seat, do two baby seats fit in the back, would my driver seat be all the way up so the steering wheel is right in my face? I'm thinking one baby seat in the rear passenger side wouldn't be bad, but I'm wondering how uncomfortable it would be if I had two kids and had a seat on each side. Does anyone have any experience with baby seats in their sn95? Thanks for any info.

MustangMatt77

Established Member
I have a 13 month old.
If you are going to take the car seat in and out each time with the kid in it, you might be able to do it, but there is not much room and it will get very tedious after the first week if your constantly doing it.
If your going to leave the seat in its base in the car, you will have no room to get back in there to put the kid in, let alone make sure the straps are on the kid.
Lastly, mine is a 96 and it did not come with the LATCH system.
IMO, I would only put my kid in my car if it were an emergency, or if he gets old enough to get in and out on his own. And your going to probably beat the crap out of your doors cause you have to usually open it all the way up to get a kid in and out of the back.
My wife has an escape and that thing barely has enough room for a car seat and all the accompanying stuff that goes with a kid.

If your short, you will be fine with seat adjustment. I'm 6ft and the seat is all the way back and I have a nice/ comfortable lean to the seat but there is not much room if I was to put a child seat back there.
Also, for the normal child seats with a base and seat, you usually cannot turn the seat face forward till the child is 30 lbs.

Last edited:

98BABCobra

Established Member
My daughter is still in a rear facing carseat. In order to make enough room for it, the front seat has to be moved pretty far forward, to the point that my wife's knees are against the dashboard when she sits in the front seat. It's ok for short trips if we really want to be in the cobra, but it's not comfortable for my wife for longer drives. If I'm alone with my daughter it's no big deal because I can just move the front passenger seat all the way forward and there is enough room for the child seat.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
yeah, rear facing car seats suck up a ton of room in the backs of our cars. I did it once, and opted to wait for the time I could go with a front facing seat. My son is 6 now, the problem now is his legs are long enough to rub the backs of the seat, but not long enough to hang down where they wont.

crazycarlo

Established Member
I have N 18 month old who sits forward facing. My passenger seat has to be Ll the way forward and his feet still touch the rear of the seat. If it's for. Pleasure cruise it will be ok. Or if u plan to use the car to cart them around with no other passenger your good. It will get old taking the seat out though it's only 1 buckle so if u can I suggest getting a seat just for your car.

kit5pt0

Established Member
thanks for the info. from the feedback it sounds like a baby seat can fit either frontwards or backwards. it may not be comfortable or convenient, but i only pick him up from day care (so he's only in it once per day) and it's about a 2 mile drive home. driving a suv all day is getting very very boring.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Oh yeah man in that scenario you'll be fine. My son loves riding in my car. The drone/heat puts him to sleep that it the exhaust fumes lol j/k

98BABCobra

Established Member
UPDATE - We moved my daughter into a forward facing seat this week, and there is SOOO much more room. It is much easier to get her in and out of the car now, and the passenger seat doesn't have to be nearly as far forward as it was with the rear facing seat. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread