Back in a Cobra

gabe1530

Banned
keep up the good work!
at least you can sell the r's to offset the cost of a set of polished stockers. are you planning on going with 17's or the 18's? also, will you go wide in the rear?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Polished stock wheels will look much better! Especially with the black paint. And speaking of paint, the new paint looks really good. Nice job with the seats, too. :thumbsup:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats OP, at least your taking care of the car now!

cobra854

Established Member
Car looks great and it's coming along nicely! Are those real Ford Cobra R wheels? If so, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands when you get ready to sell them.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Great story. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing, and I think it's really cool that you got the car, appreciate it, and are doing good work. I would always take your route over a clean GT or something. It's looking great, keep up the good work.

I bought my Mach 1 like this (actually a bit worse). So bad I had to turn it down after the first time I saw it, even after committing to a 14 hour drive round trip. Rock chips like a shotgun blast, hard water, grinding Trans.. I went through the whole car, made it nice, and learned a lot

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I'm glad to see you put some paint on it. Every time i look at my truck, i see all the swirls, dings, scratches and idiot marks from my own doing. Wheels can wait.

RichM1983

Established Member
keep up the good work!
at least you can sell the r's to offset the cost of a set of polished stockers. are you planning on going with 17's or the 18's? also, will you go wide in the rear?

I want 18 inch reps with 9 inch front and 10.5 rears. Realistically based on budget they will actually be stockers not the reps.

RichM1983

Established Member
Cleaning up good! Why don't you just plasti-dip the wheels, then it they won't stick out as much.

That is an idea. I'll have to consider it.

Car looks great and it's coming along nicely! Are those real Ford Cobra R wheels? If so, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands when you get ready to sell them.

I never even thought to check. I'll have to look into it and see. If they are real I'd probably keep them. They are kind of rough when you get close though.

Great story. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing, and I think it's really cool that you got the car, appreciate it, and are doing good work. I would always take your route over a clean GT or something. It's looking great, keep up the good work.

I bought my Mach 1 like this (actually a bit worse). So bad I had to turn it down after the first time I saw it, even after committing to a 14 hour drive round trip. Rock chips like a shotgun blast, hard water, grinding Trans.. I went through the whole car, made it nice, and learned a lot

I'm glad to see you put some paint on it. Every time i look at my truck, i see all the swirls, dings, scratches and idiot marks from my own doing. Wheels can wait.

I have done this before. There is a sense of satisfaction when doing this.

RichM1983

Established Member

From some research I've done today they seem to be real. I still have to check the back of the rim but the valve stem markings are correct.

Last edited:

cobra854

Established Member
From some research I've done today they seem to be real. I still have to check the back of the rim but the valve stem markings are correct.
Cool. From the pictures they look genuine from the shape of the spokes and hub. Heck even if they aren't they're close enough of a fake that I would still be interested in them. I need a set for autocross / open track usage so they wouldn't have to be like super nice.

RichM1983

Established Member
Cool. From the pictures they look genuine from the shape of the spokes and hub. Heck even if they aren't they're close enough of a fake that I would still be interested in them. I need a set for autocross / open track usage so they wouldn't have to be like super nice.

I'm going TN in two weeks. I'll PM you.

RichM1983

Established Member
Team CoBro and team 5.Bro come together lol.

My brother came by today with his 11 5.0 and I took the opportunity with nice weather to get a few shots. My car hasn't changed since the last update but it is interesting seeing these two together.

IMG_4385_zps8uyt0f8u.jpg

IMG_4387_zps0kiibdpq.jpg

IMG_4386_zpszm6gi8c7.jpg

IMG_4388_zpszb4qxywo.jpg

IMG_4389_zpswsh0zmav.jpg

RichM1983

Established Member
So my goal with this car was to have a nice stock cobra that I can just drive and enjoy with the family and slowly make it as nice as the car can be. On my quest I picked up a few parts. Progress is slow because spending money on it isn't a priority but here are the latest new parts.

OEM Cobra R's are for sale. The tires are totally shot and I plan to finish them off even more :burnout: and the rims are kind of rough. They are OEM though. Not replicas.

Stock machined OEM rims. Like it had when new.
AC907C86-5302-4D66-AEFC-B7AC4C012A2D_zpsopy2frjn.jpg

Stock coupe springs. No I'm not gonna cut them. My driveway is steep and gravelled so I drag with a lowered car badly.
98656D6D-E3F7-4031-85C3-0567F8017E46_zpsyg7ffkzi.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread