Back in love

MD03SVT

Established Member
I got my Shelby's diff back together after my weekend failure and while I was at it I decided to switch my flowmasters for an MBR axel back cuz I could no longer take the raspyness that they produced with my off-road X-pipe.I liked the flows before the x-pipe but after I added it I no longer enjoyed the sound.I had heard the MBR axel back on a couple of GT's with either a stock h pipe or a catted x pipe and liked what I heard so I figured it was worth a try and let me tell you I loved them.No more raspyness just a deep mellow muscle car sound with a nice krackle on de-celleration and no droan at all at any speed. I highly recommend them.

Greg@RET

Established Member
Its funny you say this because today I changed the exhaust around. I use to have a Magnaflow off road pipe and stock mufflers, tt sounded like garbage. I threw on some Magnaflow resinators and Magnaflow mufflers and couldnt be happier. Sounds deep and quiet. :rockon:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
MD03SVT said:
I got my Shelby's diff back together after my weekend failure and while I was at it I decided to switch my flowmasters for an MBR axel back cuz I could no longer take the raspyness that they produced with my off-road X-pipe.I liked the flows before the x-pipe but after I added it I no longer enjoyed the sound.I had heard the MBR axel back on a couple of GT's with either a stock h pipe or a catted x pipe and liked what I heard so I figured it was worth a try and let me tell you I loved them.No more raspyness just a deep mellow muscle car sound with a nice krackle on de-celleration and no droan at all at any speed. I highly recommend them.

MD:

I was reading in the MM&FF magazine that Currie Enterprises now makes a 9" assembly for the GT500. You might want to check it out!? :idea:

FWIW,

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

11ride4life

Hatorade
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
MD:

I was reading in the MM&FF magazine that Currie Enterprises now makes a 9" assembly for the GT500. You might want to check it out!? :idea:

FWIW,

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Can you still make a car with a 9" Handle?

I am assuming it uses the stock control arm and Spring/shock mount? if that is true would the car handle any differently with a 9"?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
11ride4life said:
Can you still make a car with a 9" Handle?

I am assuming it uses the stock control arm and Spring/shock mount? if that is true would the car handle any differently with a 9"?

A 9" will be no different than an 8.8". It looked to me like it was all set up for a bolt in!? :-D

MD03SVT

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
MD:

If the true-trac doesn't hold I may not have a choice...:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread