Back into a mustang again!

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Picked this up tonight. Feels so good to have something that blows the tires off through 3 gears. lol

FxCam_1352062356310.jpg

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
rad....you think its fun now....slap some 4.10's on her and some longtubes.

You not remember my TR Mach 1? lol.

This one is already faster at 325/330 at the wheels. Has intake, 1/2" manifold spacer, slp longtubes, bassasi exhaust, T56 swap and 4.30 gears. lol

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Congrats on the purchase! What are the future plans for this one?

GOing to MO's next Saturday to get springs put on. Then brakes bled, braided brakes lines and oil change. lol. Then going to ride with it till I locate a set of BBS LM or TE37's to put on it. Then probably just take it too cruise ins and car shows for awhile. As nice as it is...I dont know if I am going to do an Eaton conversion on it.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
GOing to MO's next Saturday to get springs put on. Then brakes bled, braided brakes lines and oil change. lol. Then going to ride with it till I locate a set of BBS LM or TE37's to put on it. Then probably just take it too cruise ins and car shows for awhile. As nice as it is...I dont know if I am going to do an Eaton conversion on it.

Ahh, see you bought it from chawkins...he keeps his cars clean.

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Ahh, see you bought it from chawkins...he keeps his cars clean.

Yeah. He did not own it long. All of the work was done by the previous owner. its a very nice car. Going to be spending some time at Mo's Saturday getting some odds and ends fixed. Needs a good bit of general maintenance and needs to be removed off factory ride height.

Now for it being clean...it wasnt even close to clean by my standards. Going to be spending about 20-30 hours on it next week. Needs a LOT of loving.

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Make sure you post up the details or your, uh, detail.

As bad as this thing is, I already plan on it. Going to start on it Tuesday. Did a test area on the fender...there is so much more color to bring out in this car once I am done. I knew it was bad but wow...I can notice the difference without a light on the area.

Shhhh

Established Member
Very cool! I saw this on MCE as well. Super clean car and CO is an awesome color :rockon:

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
As bad as this thing is, I already plan on it. Going to start on it Tuesday. Did a test area on the fender...there is so much more color to bring out in this car once I am done. I knew it was bad but wow...I can notice the difference without a light on the area.

Sweet. I know you don't need my help, but on my old AB Mach, M105 blasted right through the considerable swirls and brought out the blue.

BTW, I saw that car on CL and thought how sweet it would be with a factory appearing Eaton swap. DO IT! :beer:

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
Congrats! Looks great man! What are the plans for it? I see that you're getting it lowered this weekend, what springs? What choice in rims/tires are you going for?

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Sweet. I know you don't need my help, but on my old AB Mach, M105 blasted right through the considerable swirls and brought out the blue.

BTW, I saw that car on CL and thought how sweet it would be with a factory appearing Eaton swap. DO IT! :beer:

Yeah, 105 would be over kill. Luckily its just mass micro marring and lighter scratches. Testing a spot, i used a strong DA and a polish and got upwards of 90% correction. So with a stronger cut and pad, should be able to reach damn near 100%. What drives me nuts though...I cannot decide if I am going to just wet sand the whole car and remove the factory orange peel.

Now...eaton swap is still being considered. lol

Congrats! Looks great man! What are the plans for it? I see that you're getting it lowered this weekend, what springs? What choice in rims/tires are you going for?

Steeda Street Springs. Eventually I will buy one of the Maximum Motorsports Packages and put coil overs on. As for wheels and tires, picking up some BBS LM Reps 18x8/18x9 late this month.

Users who are viewing this thread