bad cust. serv.steeda

xsvtcmex

Established Member
ordered a cat back system a month ago from steeda ,but then cancelled it two days later because they were out of stock.they attempt to charge my card again three weeks later without my consent leaving me negative in my account. they said it was an accident that they ran my card through again.now i have a whole bunch of insuffient fund charges that steeda does not want to cover,,,anyone else have bad customer service with these morons.:cuss: I am never ordering from them again.........

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
my buddy brian, had a bad experience with them.....

If you ever decide to do business with them, ask for Mike, he is the manager, and let him know Marc from Galpin reffered you, he will even give u a discount!

Marc

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I bought my Bassani cat-back for my L from them with no problem. Sorry for your troubles. Have you talked to your credit card company about the insufficient funds? They might help, or they could tell you to pound sand, but good luck.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Talk to your bank as well. They are often very accomodating in cases like this. I once cashed my payroll check and put my employer's checking account number on my deposit slip. I'm the administrator and control the checkbook. I had run out of personal deposit slips and just plain wrote down the wrong account number. Well, the money of course never went into my check account and I had about 10 bounced checks before I realized what had happened. The bank was very understanding of my brain fart (LOL!) and waived all of the service charges. I believe there were over $100. worth. Talk to them.

Pyro

Established Member
This is not the first time I've heard about bad customer service from Steeda. Buyer beware!!

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Mistakes are going to happen. DON'T use a debit card for transactions like this! :bash: If you had used a credit card this wouldn't have been a problem.

-Greg

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Originally posted by ShelbyGuy
what are you expecting from people who sell bolt on carbon fiber subframe connectors

I'm calling b.s. on you here. I have been through their website inside and out; I have the .pdf catalog and also the physical catalog and I have NEVER seen b/o carbon fiber sfc's. So either I am too dumb to read or you are just blowing smoke....

Stanged96

Established Member
Call your bank and let them know what happened, once they see the reversal of charges they will usually drop the NFS fees.

hobbstc

Established Member
Originally posted by TrueBlueGT
I'm calling b.s. on you here. I have been through their website inside and out; I have the .pdf catalog and also the physical catalog and I have NEVER seen b/o carbon fiber sfc's. So either I am too dumb to read or you are just blowing smoke....

Nope, they had 'em. Saw them in multiple magazine ads as weel as the 2003 catalog.

Stangpilot

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Talk to your bank as well. They are often very accomodating in cases like this. I once cashed my payroll check and put my employer's checking account number on my deposit slip. I'm the administrator and control the checkbook. I had run out of personal deposit slips and just plain wrote down the wrong account number. Well, the money of course never went into my check account and I had about 10 bounced checks before I realized what had happened. The bank was very understanding of my brain fart (LOL!) and waived all of the service charges. I believe there were over $100. worth. Talk to them.

Ive had banks make mistakes they didnt want to fix. My first credit card I had made a purchase that was close to my credit limit at a store, but ended up returning it later. 3 weeks after the credit was done at the store they declined my card at a restaurant. I called them and they told me I still owed them the money from that purchase. I still had the actual credit slip in my wallet and told them I would fax it to them showing the credit. They didnt want to hear it. They didnt credit me back till like 5 or 6 weeks after the store did the credit. I hope you have a good bank otherwise they are not going to want to help you.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Originally posted by Stangpilot
Ive had banks make mistakes they didnt want to fix. My first credit card I had made a purchase that was close to my credit limit at a store, but ended up returning it later. 3 weeks after the credit was done at the store they declined my card at a restaurant. I called them and they told me I still owed them the money from that purchase. I still had the actual credit slip in my wallet and told them I would fax it to them showing the credit. They didnt want to hear it. They didnt credit me back till like 5 or 6 weeks after the store did the credit. I hope you have a good bank otherwise they are not going to want to help you.

FWIW, I am a loan officer in a bank. If your bank treats you this way, you need to take your business elsewhere. We would not EVER treat a customer this way and I would not stand to be treated in such a manner.

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I also will never go back to Steeda (maybe only a shifter :rolleyes: ) When I drove my GT, I had the Front Fascia and Rear Spoiler and such. I installed both pieces as it were a present and about 4 months later I was driving down I-95 and my Front Splitter ripped under my car and was in pieces in my rearview! As mad as I was I knew it was my fault, so I called Steeda and ordered another, I had them prep, them sand, them paint and them install! About 5 months later, the same exact thing happened. I called them and they said they would only sell me another at wholesale price, I told them the shove their offer up their ass for the will never see me again. I guess it was not to be :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread