Bad Gas Mileage!! HELP

ib_604

Established Member
of course you don't buy this car for getting great mileage...but obviously if for no reason for MPG drops big time, there might be a problem....

i have had the car for 2 years and was getting a lot better mileage then i have been in the last month.

ib_604

Established Member
Update:

I finally cleaned the MAF with some SensorCleen, drove the car on the weekend, but still getting crappy mileage...

looks like i will be dropping the car to my SVT dealer, and getting him to check it out, and probably getting a re-tune...

ib_604

Established Member
UPDATE:

my tuner called me today, he did a re-tune, and said the car was running rich, so he fixed that...

also, something about my 3.73 gears not being installed properly, and that could be causing some other problems...

bottom line....new tune installed, putting down a little over 460HP @ the wheels, plus i am gonna go with some FRPP 4.10 gears, and an oil change...gonna be a big bill...kinda expected it though.

ib_604

Established Member
lol, after much consideration, and reading reviews on SVTP i decided to stay with 3.73's...

never really race the car, its more for cruising and that, plus i may consider a steigy port in the future, rendering 4.10's useless....

03 VENOM

Established Member
I thought because the fuel lines were on the passenger side of the car the arrow for flow would point that way.

I thought the same thing. The fuel lines must curve around. I asked about it in that thread but No body will reply back to me but whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread