Bad*ss Syclone Typhoon :video:

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
hardcore35th said:
LOL. I dont care what the Internet has to say. It makes 0 difference to me. I have raced countless SRTs at the track and I am yet to see one run faster than a 13.7. I cant see hoe it would be a driver either because they are pretty muck point and shoot. I have a set of L-98 heads and a mild cam for my TBSS going in in a couple of weeks. Heads were $300 each and flow 320 CFM out of the box. You cant beat that at all. Also a stock TBSS with a 3600 stall, 12.90s all day. Im not going to sit here and say "well the SRT is still nice" because the only redeeming feature of them is the looks, they look OK. The are very expensive, they are not by any means cheap to mod, and they cant tow shit, nothing, nada. I dont want to start a big internet war, but the facts are, Chryslers dont hold value, and have poor reliability, including the Hemis. The LS motors spaeak for themselves.

why did you get rwd instead of awd? Im looking into these for my next daily driver as Im moving to a more winter climated region of the country.

Ive always wanted to do a heads/cam/exhaust/spray/converter TBSS AWD. Any reason why you didnt get awd?

msp282

I sell crack
Established Member
guessing because it says he lives in Louisiana....doubt they have much need for awd down there. plus it would be more $ and more weight to haul around.

I would definately get AWD here in Pennsyltucky.....

SVTdubs said:
why did you get rwd instead of awd? Im looking into these for my next daily driver as Im moving to a more winter climated region of the country.

Ive always wanted to do a heads/cam/exhaust/spray/converter TBSS AWD. Any reason why you didnt get awd?

hardcore35th

Established Member
SVTdubs said:

I live in the south. No need for AWD.

hardcore35th

Established Member
GLHS837 said:
Ah, yes, "dont bother me with facts, my minds made up":) Drivers can make mistakes, launching low in the RPM band, too much gas too soon, whatever.
Note I didnt bring nameless stories of things no can ever verify, like your claims, but video, verified by members here.

Listen I dont care how you mod your truck, thats fine. nor how fast that makes you. My point was that your claim of 13.8 stock was ridiculous. It might happen, but its not the expected run, anymore than Id expect to see a 14.3 out of a TBSS.

Its not about an internet war, its about knowing whats factual, and whats not. Your facts are you saying what you saw, mine are based not just on what I've seen, but hundreds of other folks have seen, and video to boot.

There was another guy here who "beat countless SRT-8s", his name was Nick:) Too bad he could never back it up:)
I can see your point. Come to Red River Raceway and you can see for yoursel.:rolling:

5.4 speedster

Banned
jeep srt8 all the way baby. i have driven the jeep and the tbss and it's not even close. the jeeps ext,int, and engine blow away chevys offering.
but hey it's just an opinion

supercobra506

NINJA
Established Member
Yeah...tbss/srt-8...weak sause soccer mom suvs. the typhoons and syclones are something that i dont see everytime i go to grocery store. my roommate has a white 92 typhoon(built motor, trans), my friend has a green w/grey 92 typhoon that he is still building and i have yet another friend with a 91 syclone lightly modded. all three of these trucks would lay the smack down on this new junk that's coming out. i don't even see how anyone is comparing rare ass GMC trucks to this new crap you can get anywhere and see everyday driving around. :shrug:

hardcore35th

Established Member
5.4 speedster said:
jeep srt8 all the way baby. i have driven the jeep and the tbss and it's not even close. the jeeps ext,int, and engine blow away chevys offering.
but hey it's just an opinion
Like I previously stated, the SRT cant tow anything, nothing, zip, nada. VS the Trailblazers, 6000 towing, and auto load leveling air bag suspension. As far as looks go the Jeep is a pretty neat looking ride, and even the uplevel Trailblazers interior doesnt hold a candle to it. Which is the reason I got a base model, so I could have my own choice of leather, and electronics installed. And not to mention, how on Earth can you argue that the problem prone Hemi, blows away any LS motor. I love the mod motor, the old Hemis, LSs and lots of other designs, so Im not about disliking something "just because". I can tell you pound for pound the LS is the best design out there right now. They make big hp and are light and not very complex, the OBDII computers are easy to work with, and parts and tuning information is everywhere. Im not trying to start a Chrysler VS Ford VS GM war, I let the facts speak for themselves. Stock VS stock the Jeep wins, but bang for the buck, reliability, and useability, give me a TBSS any day.

hardcore35th

Established Member
supercobra506 said:
Yeah...tbss/srt-8...weak sause soccer mom suvs. the typhoons and syclones are something that i dont see everytime i go to grocery store. my roommate has a white 92 typhoon(built motor, trans), my friend has a green w/grey 92 typhoon that he is still building and i have yet another friend with a 91 syclone lightly modded. all three of these trucks would lay the smack down on this new junk that's coming out. i don't even see how anyone is comparing rare ass GMC trucks to this new crap you can get anywhere and see everyday driving around. :shrug:
Sorry Cobra boy, I didnt mean to make a comparison of my piece of crap to a rare ass vehicle. That would be like me comparing my piece of crap GT, to your rare ass Cobra.:D

hardcore35th

Established Member
GLHS837 said:
What do you base that characterization on?
Do some research. Dont listen to what I have to say whatsoever. YOu own one how has yours honestly been? Like I said befor I dont want to get into a big discussion. Unsubscribing. :beer:

GLHS837

Established Member
I wont listen to you, not without more than your sayso. I am a member of three LX boards with a combined membership of over 20,000 members, not to mention I spend a lot of time reading various industry magazines. If there were a common problem, I think Id be aware. But just maybe I'm not, I'll allow for that.

What am I not seeing? My own Hemi has been problem free, not a hiccup at all, but thats one sample, and low miles at that, only 10K on it. But even if it had a problem, that would not indicate the entire production run was "problem prone".

Where can I find this data, where should I do this research? I'm open to any info you have, but I suppose real information is to hard. Its much easier to just say stuff, then unsub when you cant provide real answers. Bye Nick:)

5.4 speedster

Banned
i'm not a fan of the hemi motors either. you make it sound like im knocking the ls motors. Fact is that the jeep has more power. Let's be honest here. Who buys the srt8 to tow things? Hell, this jeep is a street cruiser with extra seating and a bit of cargo space.
I doubt that a potential buyer would buy a ss over the jeep because it can tow things. I would think that power numbers, looks, and sound would be the factors. If thats the case the jeep wins hands down.

GM has a big problem with putting aggresive motors in rides that look mundane and boring. case in point GTO

supercobra506

NINJA
Established Member
hardcore35th said:
Sorry Cobra boy, I didnt mean to make a comparison of my piece of crap to a rare ass vehicle. That would be like me comparing my piece of crap GT, to your rare ass Cobra.:D

pretty much :lol: :loser:

jk

Users who are viewing this thread