bad TOB sleeve?

absolom

Established Member
ok, replaced my clutch couple months ago, now at idle, the clutch "rattles" and squeaks kinda, if i put a little pressure on the pedal, like, just rest my foot on it, it stops, also picking up on the pedal makes it stop

it's still pretty chattery as well, but it grips great

is TOB sleeve the problem?

divided

Established Member
Not sure why you didnt replace it when you did the clutch. But either way it's either the sleeve (unlikely as you would know if its damaged and feel it) or the TOB. Sounds like a typcial TOB problem though if it goes away when you slightly press the clutch.

Id get the forged lethal sleeve in either case if your going to be dropping the transmission again.

*edit*

As far as driving its probably fine for now but will get progessivly worse and can lead to damage if you dont do anything about it.

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Not sure why you didnt replace it when you did the clutch. But either way it's either the sleeve (unlikely as you would know if its damaged and feel it) or the TOB. Sounds like a typcial TOB problem though if it goes away when you slightly press the clutch.

Id get the forged lethal sleeve in either case if your going to be dropping the transmission again.

*edit*

As far as driving its probably fine for now but will get progessivly worse and can lead to damage if you dont do anything about it.

I couldn't agree more...
I had this same issue, do a search on my name with my threads...my new FOrd TOB crapped out 2 days after the clutch was installed...replaced with a new one and all is well!:rockon:

divided

Established Member
I couldn't agree more...
I had this same issue, do a search on my name with my threads...my new FOrd TOB crapped out 2 days after the clutch was installed...replaced with a new one and all is well!:rockon:

I got one better. In my old DFX clutch one of the 4 TOB's I had to replace only lasted 15 miles before it started squealing! Sucks having to drop a tranny for a 30 dollar part.

absolom

Established Member
so i guess i need to order another tob and sleeve...

i also resurfaced the flywheel as opposed to getting a new center section put in, i know not the best solution but i was short on time and cobra is my DD

this shouldn't affect anything, though, right?

and which tob should i got with?

Users who are viewing this thread