Bad TPMS

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
I got a warning that I have a faulty TPMS. Is there any way to find out which one is the problem? Seems a little silly that it can't tell me which one because I don't want to have to check all four.

Thanks guys

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Isn't there a screen where you can see all your tire pressures? It's been a while since I've had the stock NAV unit, but if I remember correctly there's a screen with the car and all four tire pressures. If one of them is way off or not showing, that's the one I would look at. If not, go to a local tire shop that can reprogram your tpms and see if they will go through the procedure, if one of them is bad the procedure will fail at that wheel I think.

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
Isn't there a screen where you can see all your tire pressures? It's been a while since I've had the stock NAV unit, but if I remember correctly there's a screen with the car and all four tire pressures. If one of them is way off or not showing, that's the one I would look at. If not, go to a local tire shop that can reprogram your tpms and see if they will go through the procedure, if one of them is bad the procedure will fail at that wheel I think.

I'll take another look on the screen by the tach but I didn't see anything. I don't have the navigation option so I can't look there but if i can't find anything I'll head over to a tire shop

Patrick408

Established Member
Drop by the nearest Discount Tire they can swipe each wheel with a hand held devise that can determine the bad sensor.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member

I've seen this capability in other vehicles. I don't believe Ford included it in our system, however. All we get is a single line that says tire pressure (on all four wheels) is "OK" or not.

Tire shop is probably your best bet, Lethal. (Like Patrick, I'm partial to Discount, if there's one in your area.)

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
My bad guys, my Alpine will give me individual tire pressures and I thought I remembered the stock nav unit doing that also.

Users who are viewing this thread