Badass Guitar I was Given

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
My biological dad used to be in a big time metal band in the 80's. I met him for the first time a few years ago. Out of the blue, he decided to mail me a guitar that the guitarist from a band in the Ozzfest tour gave him a couple years back. It's a Schecter Jeff Loomis Diamond Series Floyd Rose 7-string. Out of all the guitars, it is now my favorite. It's fast with an awesome tone. Here's a picture of it on the left of all my equipment.

k00dix.jpg

I did a quick recording to see how it sounded on my myspace page. It's the song that starts with "Schecter". Sounds pretty wicked. I've noticed that with the Ash wood, you have WAY more sustain than any of my other guitars. Adam on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

*Meant for this to go in the "pictures" forum. Mods please move it there. My bad, I f'ed up.

Last edited:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
That does have a great sound. Great playing, too.

Jim Snover

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Not to be a dick, but does that mean your mom was a groupie?

Lol. No, it evidently was a highschool thing.

That does have a great sound. Great playing, too.

Jim Snover

Thanks.

Cool and again what band was he in?

This was the band. XINR on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads. They did tours with Dio, weren't signed, were recording a CD, then the singer and guitarist died in a wreck. The only people that know about them were people that went to the bigger metal concerts back in the early 80s. The accident happened on their way to sign papers for their record contract. I verified this by asking a bassist I know who's played with Dio and various other metal bands, and he remembers them. This year, some of their old demos were picked up and a CD was made. I've only talked to him once, so I don't know much more than that. He was lined up to do bass for ACDC years ago during an Australia tour, but he's been in trouble with the law for a long time, and that prevented him from doing the tour. I thought he was the biggest BS'er, until I verified some of what allegedly happened back in the day.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I used to play guitar years ago. My dad taught me. I listened to your "Rebel Yell". You've got a lot of talent there!! Nice guitar collection, too. :)

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I just added another recording test of the guitar. It's on my page at http://www.myspace.com/adammp81. It's just a quick recording of the bridge of a song I'm recording for someone in Nashville. Normally, there's singing there, but it sounded cool doing a solo over it, so that's what I did to test out the quality of my recording for this guitar. It's called "Schecter Guitar Test".

IShb3w

Established Member
awesome story, good thing you got to meet him. you're definately skilled. good luck in your goals, whichever they may be.

Users who are viewing this thread