Bama tunes? Any Good?

VENOMCOBRA03

Established Member
Hey there guys, I just purchased a 2004 cobra that's completely stock.. I was thinking just upgrading the exhaust , 0ff road Mac prochamber and Mac mufflers.. I was thinking of purchasing the Bama tuner with custom tunes from American Muscle, Is this a good tuner and tune for a stock cobra?

Thanks for your input =)

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
As said above - stay away from Bama. Do this - buy a 2.8 Metco upper + full idler set on top of the midpipe and cat-back of your choice (check youtube for sound clips) then take it for a proper dyno tune. There are a few good tuners in the NY/NJ area. If all of that's not in the finances right now - just do a cat-back and open filter, no tune needed and it will give you a little power bump and sound meaner.

VENOMCOBRA03

Established Member
I was thinking of buying the off road and mufflers and use MIL eliminator , but I'm not sure if it's gonna mess up my car =(

Coosawjack

Established Member
I am very pleased with my BAMA tuning......had them over a year so has something changed with BAMA to make their tunes become "GARBAGE" now??o_O

CodyWilliams904

I wouldn't waste money on a Bama tune or prewritten tune of any sort, especially on a boosted application. It will work but it is honestly not optimal what so ever.
The previous owner has a Bama tune on my current car and it is way too rich and underpowered for the mods. Taking it straight to a dyno asap for someone local to tune.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Coosawjack

Established Member
I think BAMA might have screwed up some Automatic Trans shifting schedules...they can be quite tricky!! I heard complaints about that but my 6 speed manual felt much better with their tune (22 MPG/31 MPG)......not gonna get much from a canned tune but they were very responsive back then......haven't needed any updates for a year so I cannot speak of them presently!!
Good Luck whatever ya do!!;)

01yellercobra

Established Member
Supposedly my car had a Bama tune on it when I bought it. I did some datalogs and found the A/F at 12:1 and the timing was around 15. It didn't drive bad or anything, I just didn't like the WOT set up. I retuned it myself and it's much better now.

DropSVT

Established Member
My tuner wouldn't do a baseline pull with my bama tune. He told me he didn't want my car to blow up lol I believe him

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread