Bama v2 tune

13GT5.0

Established Member
I've been running the new tune for a few weeks now I like it and am looking forward to the better weather and getting my data logs sent in. I've got a question have you guys dyno'ed top tier fuel vs lower grade fuel? I never even Heard of this until last night I looked it up. When I first got my new tune I had 93 shell in it. Switched over to speedway and my mpg have fallen off from 19.7 to 17.4 and idle ruffer. Needless to say I'm going back to shell or BP what do you guys run?

Shell 93

evanjp

Established Member
Yeah I sent my info over the weekend and I still haven't got my tune. Shouldn't be long but I'm getting eager to see how it is.

GearsNBeers

Established Member
I was thinking the other day at work. Would be fun to put the tunes for life to creative use. There is a 13.50 and slower class at a local track. Be awesome if they could rig me up a slo poke tune that short shifted on my 2011 GT auto. Run low timing on a closed loop that would be super safe with 93 octane fuel. That setup would be freakin consistent . I wonder if Bama would get a kick out of that. Put the overkill 28" MT on the back. No burnout maybe a dry hop then race. I could chase everybody such a big advantage.

evanjp

Established Member
Got my tunes sent to me a few days ago and can't wait to try them out. I'm going to datalog though so I can get them tailored perfectly to the car.

I'm having issues with my clutch/trans and may need to take it back to Ford in the not so distant future so it might be a while til I give them a whirl. I also will have an MGW race spec coming to my house soon and im gonna have to hold off on that too which sucks. Gotta get it done somehow. Not sure what I'm gonna do about a loaner car though.

Heli4me

Hi alex
For some reason I can't pm you
I would like to take you up on the free tune offer
I have had the original tunes before with all the issues
I have sold the m82 coyote and bought the a6
So i am no longer in the tunes for life program.
Thanks
John

Just_A_GT

Established Member
Well I FINALLY got the car out for a decent drive today. Was ~50 and sunny here in MI. Besides a few spirited sprints, I did two legit pulls from 40 to ~120 and the car never seemed to stop pulling! Between the tune, lethal or/x-pipe and GT500 ABs, it's like a whole different car now (granted I haven't really driven the car since November). The sound is just orgasmic. Also installed BMR LCAs this winter, which definitely seem to help a bit with wheel hop, but my biggest issue was wheel spin! When going from 40 in 2nd gear, it felt like I was basically spinning until I hit 3rd. And the torque steer that hits on the 2nd > 3rd shift AND the 3rd > 4th shift is also going to take some getting used to.

My next step is to get set up to do some datalogging and make sure the tune is dialed in to where it needs to be.

Edit: I've only tried the Performance tune so far.

Last edited:

evanjp

Established Member
Dude I really want to load my tunes man......... Gotta wait until I bring it to the shop though....... Don't want them to tell me the tune messed my trans/clutch up.

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
I have a stock engine 2012 5.0 and am thinking of taking Bama / AmericanMuscle up on their offer. Does anyone have any dyno numbers or track numbers running V2?

momogt

Established Member
I plan on data logging tomorrow and let them dial it in. loving this tune

bodon

Established Member
Really glad I found this thread. I want to order a tune for my 2014 GT automatic. My head has been spinning trying to figure out which way to go. I have been very happy dealing with AM and feel "safe" ordering items thru them. Even had an issue with an order and they were very quick and hassle free in resolving it. Ido some bracket racing and run a much larger tire at the track than I do o the street. Ho do they compensate for that in the tune? Or do they?

bodon

Established Member
Well I just order my tuner and CAI from AM. Everything I read on this thread help to convince me to give the V2 tune a try. Found out they set it up for my street tire( on my DD tune) and changed it for my race mode tune when running the bigger drag radial at the track. Pretty slick.

derricksmustang

Established Member
I sent in my first data logs about a week ago haven't herd anything back waiting to send the wide open pull when asked for it. Have not data logged it yet because they ask you to wait.... So far like the tune had a 2013 pull up next to me over the weekend sounded good I pulled him pretty hard.

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
Reviving this for some input on my experience so far.

I was propositioned by ALex to give Bama V2 tunes a try to see how I liked them even though everyone was telling me to go AED or VMP on the forums. I went to VMP's website and submitted my tune request and payment on 04/04/15; after that Justin said he might be able to get the tune out that day which was great news. We exchanged a few emails back and forth about the situation and my desires for the tune. Granted I am only a bolt-on car (JLT, Roush AB, and now the tune) but I still wanted it to be dialed in for what I use the car for. After that I started communicating with ALex as well because we discussed running the Bama tune vs. VMP and Justin was willing to throw my car on the dyno as well to see how they do (of course give both the opportunity to data log and revise). So on 04/10/15 I received a confirmation that my order has been placed with Bama and on Saturday I sent my tune request in. The following Monday (4/13/15) I received an email explaining that my tune was complete...I was thinking man that was fast. This is just to attest to the experience I have had with both companies and they're support of the product. The review of the actual tunes will be coming but for now I would like to share my experiences with both. We always have to take into consideration the size of AM vs VMP and circumstances that may prevent a speedy response. I do feel like over 5 business days is excessive for my simple tune requirements. I will report back when I get the tune from VMP and give my input on how the tune performs vs AM. As it stands right now my car is hauling ass on the 93 performance tune. I have 285/40/ZR18 Nitto NT555 and I can roll into the throttle second gear and lose traction around 4,500-5,000RPM (with 3.31 gears). So far Bama has really impressed me with the turn around time and the interaction I've had with several employees.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Been running the 91 race v2 for over a week now on my daily driver.

It's very smooth and easy to drive even in traffic, power delivery is great. It's WAY better to drive now vs. the old stock tune, night and day difference.

Took it to the track wednesday night and my first run was a 12.7 @ 113mph (stock airbox and exhaust except for axleback), and that's the first time I've driven down the strip in over 10 years. For some reason my skip shift was still active on the first tune I got, but they sent a new revision very quickly and it's fixed now.

I'm looking to get more mph in the 1/4 mile though, so yesterday I datalogged to see if they could make a revision for me if there's any room for improvement. Emailed them yesterday around 4:30pm and haven't heard anything back yet. I'd like to see how fast I can go on the stock airbox

Hey D1984 - Thanks for taking the time to post up your review and thoughts, I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying them thus far. I just wanted to make sure that you've heard back from the Bama Team as they're running a few days behind - With the weather changing business really ramps up on both sides here so their turn around time "can" be delayed a couple of days. Just let me know if that's the case and I'll go sledgehammer some doors down for you!

Alex

Thanks AMALEXLAZARUS.

I already got the phone number off your website to call for tune revisions. I am installing my borla s-type xpipe and catback this weekend so I will update the info on the form and ask for the v2 tune update next week!

One last questions. I will be running a larger tires soon after I order my CF10's from you guys and I could not find the options to adjust for tire revolutions for speedo calibration like I had on my old mustang. Is this only adjustable via the custom tune you send? So I will need to request another tune in a couple months just to adjust tire height? I have the SF4 BAMA tuner I believe.

Thanks

evil281 - You sir are very welcome! That's really on the interesting side as they should be unlocked and you should have the ability to have this changed on your device - Did you let anyone at Bama know about this and has it been since rectified? If not let me know and I'm here to help any way i can as always.

Alex

Just arrived along with my x-pipe. UPS showed up with the tuner, and FedEx rolled up at the same exact time with my x-pipe. Tomorrow will be the first day I've driven the car since it went into storage after Thanksgiving. I plan on going out for a short drive early in the morning to try to re-acclimate myself with the stock power, then install the x-pipe and tune and go back out for a drive to compare :beer:

Well 4 hours later me and my buddy got the offroad x-pipe installed and tune uploaded...we're obviously not mechanics lol. Was 34 degrees out by the time we finished and got out for a quick drive so I couldn't romp on it too much. The one time I got on it in 2nd I spun like a mad man and had to reel it back in. Hopefully we get some warmer weather soon so I can give an actual review of the tune. I will say the new exhaust set up sounds amazing!

:coolman: Happy to hear the install was a "breeze" nothing like a little mild forstbite to get your blood flow movin'!

I was out tonight playing a little, no good weather for at least another week for us north guys... Its supposed to drop back down in the upper30 lower 40's.
Im looking forward to doing data logs with AM get it fine tuned Also got to tweak the rear suspension. You near Miland Just_A_GT?

Derrick - I gotta get up to your neck of the woods at some point, It sounds like the planet Hoth (Let me show my inner nerd here!)

Another question alex. Can you guys do a tune for a 03 with a ported blower?
i have a x3 already.

rz5.0 - Sorry about the delay but definitely - Let the Bama team know whenever you're ready to rock!

any dyno numbers? I have a '14 6MT with gt500 and airraid, so i figure bama would be a good option.

Hey chrisfromnjc - We should have some guys posting up numbers soon if you haven't seen them already!

Yeah I sent my info over the weekend and I still haven't got my tune. Shouldn't be long but I'm getting eager to see how it is.

Got my tunes sent to me a few days ago and can't wait to try them out. I'm going to datalog though so I can get them tailored perfectly to the car.

I'm having issues with my clutch/trans and may need to take it back to Ford in the not so distant future so it might be a while til I give them a whirl. I also will have an MGW race spec coming to my house soon and im gonna have to hold off on that too which sucks. Gotta get it done somehow. Not sure what I'm gonna do about a loaner car though.

Evan - I just wanted to make sure that you're still in touch with them! I know they're running a few days behind but if anyone ever needs an update on anything don't hesitate to let me know or shoot them a call, they bama team doesn't bite I promise!

loaded the race tune today all I can say is wow

Momo - Awesome! Happy to hear that you're enjoying the Race tune!

All I want is some warm weather! I've only driven about 20 miles on the performance tune and its been nothing but spin city on these cold roads.

Believe me we're trying to get some of that warmth down here - We topped at 72 yesterday and I just stepped outside and practically froze. I'm thinking I might have to move to Florida

Hi alex
For some reason I can't pm you
I would like to take you up on the free tune offer
I have had the original tunes before with all the issues
I have sold the m82 coyote and bought the a6
So i am no longer in the tunes for life program.
Thanks
John

Hey John - I just wanted to make sure that you received my reply!! If not let me know!!!

Alex

Well I FINALLY got the car out for a decent drive today. Was ~50 and sunny here in MI. Besides a few spirited sprints, I did two legit pulls from 40 to ~120 and the car never seemed to stop pulling! Between the tune, lethal or/x-pipe and GT500 ABs, it's like a whole different car now (granted I haven't really driven the car since November). The sound is just orgasmic. Also installed BMR LCAs this winter, which definitely seem to help a bit with wheel hop, but my biggest issue was wheel spin! When going from 40 in 2nd gear, it felt like I was basically spinning until I hit 3rd. And the torque steer that hits on the 2nd > 3rd shift AND the 3rd > 4th shift is also going to take some getting used to.

My next step is to get set up to do some datalogging and make sure the tune is dialed in to where it needs to be.

Edit: I've only tried the Performance tune so far.

Datalogging plus some suspension goodies! It's always the worst when the only complaint is that you're spinning in most if not all gears! Let me know what you're thinking about the datalogs!

Alex

Well I just order my tuner and CAI from AM. Everything I read on this thread help to convince me to give the V2 tune a try. Found out they set it up for my street tire( on my DD tune) and changed it for my race mode tune when running the bigger drag radial at the track. Pretty slick.

hey Bodon - Keep in touch and let me know how everything's working out! Thanks again for your support and business!

Alex

Your gonna love the v2 good choice

This!

I sent in my first data logs about a week ago haven't herd anything back waiting to send the wide open pull when asked for it. Have not data logged it yet because they ask you to wait.... So far like the tune had a 2013 pull up next to me over the weekend sounded good I pulled him pretty hard.

Hey Derrick - I saw this the other day and made sure that you got a reply! Let me know if anything else in the meantime!

Reviving this for some input on my experience so far.

I was propositioned by ALex to give Bama V2 tunes a try to see how I liked them even though everyone was telling me to go AED or VMP on the forums.

I went to VMP's website and submitted my tune request and payment on 04/04/15; after that Justin said he might be able to get the tune out that day which was great news. We exchanged a few emails back and forth about the situation and my desires for the tune.

Granted I am only a bolt-on car (JLT, Roush AB, and now the tune) but I still wanted it to be dialed in for what I use the car for.

After that I started communicating with ALex as well because we discussed running the Bama tune vs. VMP and Justin was willing to throw my car on the dyno as well to see how they do (of course give both the opportunity to data log and revise).

So on 04/10/15 I received a confirmation that my order has been placed with Bama and on Saturday I sent my tune request in.

The following Monday (4/13/15) I received an email explaining that my tune was complete...I was thinking man that was fast. This is just to attest to the experience I have had with both companies and they're support of the product.

The review of the actual tunes will be coming but for now I would like to share my experiences with both.

We always have to take into consideration the size of AM vs VMP and circumstances that may prevent a speedy response. I do feel like over 5 business days is excessive for my simple tune requirements. I will report back when I get the tune from VMP and give my input on how the tune performs vs AM.

As it stands right now my car is hauling ass on the 93 performance tune. I have 285/40/ZR18 Nitto NT555 and I can roll into the throttle second gear and lose traction around 4,500-5,000RPM (with 3.31 gears). So far Bama has really impressed me with the turn around time and the interaction I've had with several employees.

Myke - Thanks for taking the time to have this posted up - I can't stress it enough that once the temps get above 55 degrees literally everyone in the industry gets literally destroyed be it creating tunes, datalogging, processing orders, taking calls, etc - We all get incredibly busy and I know that Bama is a few days behind right now as well! I'll keep an eye out for the review and I'm happy to hear that she's hauling ass!

If anyone has any questions at all - I'm here to help!

Users who are viewing this thread