Bama v2 tune

amracer

Established Member
I finally got to run my A6 2013 Mustang GT with V2 tune last Friday. I ran pretty much the same time as I did with the original Bama tune. My GT is stock except Roush axlebacks and Bama I ran 12.24 1/4 which is my besf time with the old tune. I don't think new tune is any better in performace but it is a lot smoother then the old tune, particularly 2-3 shift which was jumpy on the old tune.
Did your mph get any better ?

Sizeth3

Established Member
I finally got to run my A6 2013 Mustang GT with V2 tune last Friday. I ran pretty much the same time as I did with the original Bama tune. My GT is stock except Roush axlebacks and Bama I ran 12.24 1/4 which is my besf time with the old tune. I don't think new tune is any better in performace but it is a lot smoother then the old tune, particularly 2-3 shift which was jumpy on the old tune.

That is an amazing time for a basically stock 2013 A6 car. What was your mph? What was your 60'? Thanks

Last edited:

gunstar77

Established Member
Did your mph get any better ?

Old Bama Tune: 60ft - 1.906 / 1/4 - 12.225 @ 114.78

V2 Bama Tune: 60ft - 1.916 / 1/4 - 12.242 @ 115.25

So it is about the same but I was having traction issues with new tune due to it being 55 degrees out.

gunstar77

Established Member
Keep in mine I run at Cecil County which is a fast track but the car is stock other then the tune, I do have 18x10 SVE Drift wheels with Nitto NT555 but they are just summer times and my fastest time was with the old tune was with stock rims and tires.

gunstar77

Established Member
Thanks Gunstar, one more question did you ever run your car with the stock tune?

Yes, I am having a hard time finding the time slip but it was consistent 12.9x stock but I did have one 12.79 run. The key with the A6 is to launch at 1200 rpms and get to track when sun is still out if you are using street tires.

Sizeth3

Established Member
Yes, I am having a hard time finding the time slip but it was consistent 12.9x stock but I did have one 12.79 run. The key with the A6 is to launch at 1200 rpms and get to track when sun is still out if you are using street tires.

Sounds good, I am at 1500-2000' DA consistently, and my best ET is a 13.0 and pretty consistent 13.1's at 109. Sorry to keep bugging you, have you paid attention to what the V2 shift points are on your car?

gunstar77

Established Member
Sounds good, I am at 1500-2000' DA consistently, and my best ET is a 13.0 and pretty consistent 13.1's at 109. Sorry to keep bugging you, have you paid attention to what the V2 shift points are on your car?
V2 tune seems to shift a little earlier then old tune. I believe 1st and 2nd shift right before 7000 rpms and 3rd shifts around 7200 rpms so you trap in 3rd.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
V2 tune seems to shift a little earlier then old tune. I believe 1st and 2nd shift right before 7000 rpms and 3rd shifts around 7200 rpms so you trap in 3rd.

Hey man, question for you. I also have the new v2 tunes and had them revise it once for a little firmer shifts just to try it out. What's odd though is with the revised tune, the gauges don't glow red at redline. Do you remember if yours does that or not? Also, if I'm understanding you right, the "bucky" 2nd/3rd shift as you mention it didn't help your times much huh? Btw I'll attest the new tunes are WAY better than the old ones.

Grabber2012

Established Member
This is the first tune I've had on my car had the performance tune in for almost a week then I tried the race tune a couples days ago that's where it's at I love the way the throttle response is on the race tune and it pulls much harder and smoother than it did stock.

12mustang5.0

Established Member
i installed the bamav2 tune couple of days ago
and it does feels great the aggressive tune is there only at WOT which i like because car drives like stock when normal acceleration
what i still can't get is my car to hit 7k rpms it only goes to 6.5k rpms on every gear
talked to bama about it, and they sent me a revised tune really quick
but car does exactly the same thing
if wether permits Im taking my car to the track today to see what are my times with the Bama tune
the only thing i don't like is that i lost the rev match on downshifts in ''sport mode'
other than that I'm very happy with the Tune
BTW this is on a 2015 auto GT

Last edited:

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
i installed the bamav2 tune couple of days ago
and it does feels great the aggressive tune is there only at WOT which i like because car drives like stock when normal acceleration
what i still can't get is my car to hit 7k rpms it only goes to 6.5k rpms on every gear
talked to bama about it, and they sent me a revised tune really quick
but car does exactly the same thing
if wether permits Im taking my car to the track today to see what are my times with the Bama tune
the only thing i don't like is that i lost the rev match on downshifts in ''sport mode'
other than that I'm very happy with the Tune
BTW this is on a 2015 auto GT

When you plug it in and then select load custom tune, does it ask you something about modify settings? Mine does. I can't remember exactly but I think you cycle the key on once, then it asks either "skip settings" or "modify settings" or something like that. You can raise the shift points in there. Mine was set at 7k by default by Bama and it does shift right at 7k. With the stock intake you aren't making power past that anyway if I understand it right. I doubt it makes much power past 6500 if you wanted to really know.

gamecock426

TwinTurbo5.0
Established Member
chalk up another completely satisfied customer with the V2 tunes! got mine in yesterday and it really has transformed the car. A lot more power and smoothness from 1-3k and it really pulls hard up top. Throttle response is the biggest noticeable difference.

Grabber2012

Established Member
Like mentioned above the thing I like is other than throttle response it drives like it was stock until you hammer it, and it has made my manual much more enjoyable to drive now I just hope the tranny can survive the extra beatings!

sdoo500

Established Member
Forgive my noobishness but how are people making such good numbers tune only? I am new to the coyote game and from my understanding most tunes were bringing cars just shy of 400whp. Seeing ~420 basically tune only seems insane? Is the tune that aggressive? Looking to have my 2013 tuned now and the v2 has caught my eye. Never paid much attention to Bama to be honest.

Grabber2012

Established Member
Forgive my noobishness but how are people making such good numbers tune only? I am new to the coyote game and from my understanding most tunes were bringing cars just shy of 400whp. Seeing ~420 basically tune only seems insane? Is the tune that aggressive? Looking to have my 2013 tuned now and the v2 has caught my eye. Never paid much attention to Bama to be honest.
I'm not an expert but that's pretty close to what you see allot of guys making with these cars there just that good, and after feeling the butt dyno with the race tune I'd believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread