BAP 20 or 40 amp?

mtb01

Established Member
Will soon be getting the posi port and will be running a 2.8 upper only. Getting all ducks in a row a row before blower comes off. Looking at getting the kenne bell boosta pump.
1. Would a 40 amp be over kill?
2. If I can get the 40 amp for 20 amp price, should I just do that.
Any help would be appreciated.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
you have dual pumps so you need the 40 amp ... also recommend getting the wire upgrade with it

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Just get the 40 since its not much more money, if its too much for your setup, turn it down. Theres no point in getting a 20 now cuz when u get bored, you will be buying again and trying to make half the money back on the 20 amp.. Im just speaking from experience, I owned a 20 amp, then had to upgrade to a 40, and now Im converted to a return system with none of this bull sh*t. lol

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
You have to get the 40 amp since Terminators have dual pumps. Single pumps get the 20 amp.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
From Lethal
The Lethal Performance FPDM/BAP wiring upgrade kit will allow your Kenne Bell BAP to work at it fullest potential in addition to providing your FPDM with a better power source. With the supplied upgraded wiring you will allow the proper voltage flow to the BAP and FPDM allowing them to run more efficiently with no interuption of power. This inturn will get the proper voltage as well to the pumps making sure they are flowing to their potential.

I have it on my car. Most say to buy it but some say that you don't have to.

da2k17

Established Member
i just picked up a 20 amp, are you guys saying it wont work/ i cant use it?

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I know KB says to use the 40 amp for dual pumps and the 20 is for single. Not sure if the 20amp is enough for dual pumps.

da2k17

Established Member
i cant afford to buy another one right now, im waiting to hear back from kenne bell about it. most likely im going to use it and see what happens, if theres not enough fuel then ill have to get another one.

da2k17

Established Member
just heard back form KB. they say a 20 amp will just keeping popping fuses. all the searching i did and i still ended up with the wrong one, FML lol. OP, sorry for hijacking thread.

mtb01

Established Member
just heard back form KB. they say a 20 amp will just keeping popping fuses. all the searching i did and i still ended up with the wrong one, FML lol. OP, sorry for hijacking thread.

No problem. Just wished you would have known ahead of time. I was close to buying the 20 until I posted this thread.

da2k17

Established Member
No problem. Just wished you would have known ahead of time. I was close to buying the 20 until I posted this thread.

yea it just sucks, i searched for a while on here but since you literally cant search "BAP" because its too short it was hard to find threads. i thought i found a good deal on that 20 but now its useless, at least i found your thread before i put it in and couldnt figure out why it wasnt working. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread