BAP questions

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
why dont you buy one new from like....LFP or lethal performance.

im stuck between buying a BAP or doing the gt pump route.

the BAP is cheaper...but ive heard horror stories with them failing....

ill be right at 600 with my whipple....and i dont feel like building a motor.....

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
AMD[H]unter;6137322 said:
Well, that drives up the cost to run the GT pumps. Here's a couple more pics of the BAP. I am going to get it tomorrow unless you guys can tell that it's not the right one.

AMD[H]unter;6141093 said:
Why don't I? Because I am poor...:lol1:

It sucks being poor...lol

New BAP or GT pumps > Blown engine. :-D

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
well ive heard some BAP=blown engine.....

if thats not true.....then whuy are all these guys saying " you have to go with the gt pumps, 2 fpdms.....etc etc.....=800 bucks besides injectors!???
dont get me wrong, if i have to spend the money on it to do it right, i will.

but since when is jut a BAP not doing it right? thats my quesiton.....

black 10th vert

Established Member
I've never heard of any BAP failures in all of the past archived threads I read while researching. If you think about it, the odds of a BAP failing are no more likely than the fuel pumps themselves - in fact the pumps are motors with moving parts, so in theory they are MORE likely to have a failure than a BAP, which is just an adjustable transformer...

I would think that a 40 Amp model would have a 30Amp fuse for overload protection, but I may be wrong on that. Can anyone verify what fuse came in their 40 Amp model?

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
the BAP is cheaper...but ive heard horror stories with them failing....

Can you fill me in on these stories or provide some links to threads discussing this? I haven't heard it and am about to buy a BAP.

Although I only have a Stage IV blower not a twinscrew.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
i think most of the stories ive been hearing are above 600 rwph. so youll be okay. when i find some, ill post them.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
so why al lthe sudden am i hearing all these people say if you have gone whipple or Kb and do the PPRV delete, you need to also do pumps, modified FPDM...etc.

if its not necessary?

AMD[H]unter

Banned
New BAP or GT pumps > Blown engine. :-D

well ive heard some BAP=blown engine.....

if thats not true.....then whuy are all these guys saying " you have to go with the gt pumps, 2 fpdms.....etc etc.....=800 bucks besides injectors!???
dont get me wrong, if i have to spend the money on it to do it right, i will.

but since when is jut a BAP not doing it right? thats my quesiton.....

A BAP is all that's needed at my power level. Sure, if it fails, it could (and would) hurt my motor, but the same could be said about a twin FPDM setup and GT pumps too.

Look at slo-poc, he's running a BAP and has absolutely zero issues with it.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
AMD[H]unter;6128371 said:
Well, his tuner told him it was a 20amp...should I get it and try it at least? It's only 100 bucks....
Ok, he just told me that it has a 15 and a 17 engraved on the bottom of it....sound right, guys? He also said that the dial goes to 50...does this help determine if it's a 30 or 40 amp?

20 amp will not work on a 03/04

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
maybe it wasnt the failing issue as much as not geting enough fuel.

if the BAP doesnt make the stock pumps push enough, you have to upgrade.

maybe it was the tuner?
i guess my question is why are guys spending 600+ dollars on all the otehr stuff, if a BAP is all thats needed?

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
maybe it wasnt the failing issue as much as not geting enough fuel.

if the BAP doesnt make the stock pumps push enough, you have to upgrade.

maybe it was the tuner?
i guess my question is why are guys spending 600+ dollars on all the otehr stuff, if a BAP is all thats needed?

Cuase some of us love to overkill with mods. I think a BAP is fine for most people. Over 600-620rwhp and i would start to replace the rest of the fuel system. RedfireBeast on here was pushing 21-22PSI through a whipple with only a BAP, BAS, and 60's for fuel mods. I'm pretty sure he also had the PPRV delete too.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
Cuase some of us love to overkill with mods. I think a BAP is fine for most people. Over 600-620rwhp and i would start to replace the rest of the fuel system. RedfireBeast on here was pushing 21-22PSI through a whipple with only a BAP, BAS, and 60's for fuel mods. I'm pretty sure he also had the PPRV delete too.

well my thing is if i run 19 psi, and i push 600 horse...i will be on the edge. and being on the edge isnt comfortable for me.

with a 19 psi tune, and just a BAP......should i be okay for a year or so? after i buy my house....maybe ill go back and re do fuel.....bigger blower....etc.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
well my thing is if i run 19 psi, and i push 600 horse...i will be on the edge. and being on the edge isnt comfortable for me.

with a 19 psi tune, and just a BAP......should i be okay for a year or so? after i buy my house....maybe ill go back and re do fuel.....bigger blower....etc.

Then spend the extra $600 and sleep better at night. You got a twinscrew cobra you can probably find the extra $600. $600 is cheaper than a built block. Plenty of people on here for years were pushing over 600 with a bap and 60's. If you don't do it it seems like it will be in the back of your mind bothering you everytime you get on it. Just save up and get-r-done.

EDIt: I just saw you have an eaton.....I don't think you will be anywere near 600 on 19PSI unless you juice the car

Last edited:

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
Then spend the extra $600 and sleep better at night. You got a twinscrew cobra you can probably find the extra $600. $600 is cheaper than a built block. Plenty of people on here for years were pushing over 600 with a bap and 60's. If you don't do it it seems like it will be in the back of your mind bothering you everytime you get on it. Just save up and get-r-done.

EDIt: I just saw you have an eaton.....I don't think you will be anywere near 600 on 19PSI unless you juice the car

well i JUST bought a whipple.

im in the process of buyiung all the other mods:rockon:

liek i said i can afford it, i just dont want to unless i HAVE TO

Users who are viewing this thread