Barn find cobra FS

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, that is huge. What a discovery. Here is what the original Rouge Iris paint looks like. This car was also auctioned off by Gooding & Company.

RougeIrisCobra.jpg

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
Wow, that is huge. What a discovery. Here is what the original Rouge Iris paint looks like. This car was also auctioned off by Gooding & Company.

RougeIrisCobra.jpg

Thanks for posting that photo Bob. I can remember one that color running around the finger lakes region in upstate New York back in the late 60's. It is hard to believe now that it was a daily driver but I bet you can remember a few street driven Cobras from your younger days too! I am not old enough to remember the new ones at the Dealerships but I do remember the stories of how they had trouble moving them towards the end of the run and had to drop the price. Nobody knew back then that they would ever be so valuable. I can also remember seeing many of them drive in to Watkins Glen for the races.

Ponyracer1

Established Member
Am I the only one that think the replicas are better looking? I know the original cobras introduced a new way of thinking and building and basically started or at least aided the pony car revolution but damn their ugly.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Am I the only one that think the replicas are better looking? I know the original cobras introduced a new way of thinking and building and basically started or at least aided the pony car revolution but damn their ugly.

You are looking at a 289 slab side street version.

A original 427 s/c with the wider flares, Goodyear billboards, side pipes and knock off wheels look the part.

svtaddict

Established Member
I dont know im getting kind of sceptible of all these cars that have been coming out all of a sudden with wonderful stories behind them. All of them building up to a certain auction. Cool car but they play these things up big time.

flattrack53

Established Member
This car really has been in a barn since 1974. My dad looked at buying this car 7 years ago but it had some issues he wasn't fond of... I bet it will still bring over a million though.

Users who are viewing this thread