Baseball's McGwire is a HYPOCRIT!

BLWN46

Established Member
Did you watch the hearings on the steroid issue in MLB, why was Mark even there? He's afraid to admit he's not the ball player we all thought he was, and it's probably hard to tell his son that he had a "little help" in breaking historical records. Sounded to me like he will tell people not to use steroids but wont tell them why or what negative effects it had on him(very little i think). As long as they don't pull his batting records he's all for no steroid use in MLB cause no-one will ever break his record without them. Baseball has become all about the money. Overpaid immature win-at-all-cost executives.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
BLWN46 said:
Did you watch the hearings on the steroid issue in MLB, why was Mark even there? He's afraid to admit he's not the ball player we all thought he was, and it's probably hard to tell his son that he had a "little help" in breaking historical records. Sounded to me like he will tell people not to use steroids but wont tell them why or what negative effects it had on him(very little i think). As long as they don't pull his batting records he's all for no steroid use in MLB cause no-one will ever break his record without them. Baseball has become all about the money. Overpaid immature win-at-all-cost executives.

you don't watch much baseball do ya

Barry Bonds broke McGuires record

afro

Why?
Established Member
Double"O" said:
you don't watch much baseball do ya

Barry Bonds broke McGuires record

moshowned7md.jpg

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Baseball has alwyas been a game of cheating to gain an edge on the competion. Whether it be corking a bat, using vaseline, juiced balls, or steroids the game has always turned a blind eye to cheating. Pete Rose was kicked out of the game for betting on the game and people who get caught using the before mentioned cheating methods get a slap on the wrist.

For everyone that says corking bats or using steroids does not provide any clear advantage to the players, WHY DO THEY DO IT THEN!!!To me the game is a disgrace and baseball just lets it go. I played football in college and lived in the weight room and can tell you people like Bonds do not just bulk up as much as he did that late in his career by just getting a new trainer and lifting schedule. I could believe someone who never trained before gaining a lot, but for a athlete who has trained his whole life you don't put on 40# of muscle without help>

Last edited:

BLWN46

Established Member
Forgot that minor detail...lol Maybe next to McGwires and Bonds names they'll put an asterisk for "juiced"

Nice blown #'s OO

GTS is right on

Last edited:

DenverJay

Established Member
Yep, McGwire's testimony was a little disappointing. However, the thing is, he's out of the game and has been the last few years. Who knows whether he did any roids that were illegal at some point. The thing is, I seriously doubt he did anything that was banned or illegal when he broke the Maris record. The andro everyone saw in his locker during his Maris run wasn't banned at the time. All this about what who did at what time is a moot (sp?) point unless you can prove that they did illegal/banned roids AND you're able to calculate how much of an advantage said roids gave them. If not, it's just a bunch of smoke filled coffee house crap. Concentrate on the point from now on. Trying to figure out who was juicing 10 or even 5 years ago is worthless and is just a waste of time.

Also, why come down hard on McGwire? The only record he broke (that really matters) is the Maris record. And Bonds broke that 2 years later, on the juice I'm sure. Bonds is the one everyone should be holding his feet to the fire about juicing. Bonds is the one that currently holds the single season record and Bonds is the only one capable of breaking Hank Aaron's record. He's the one everyone should be looking to and asking what juice he is using.

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Pete Rose was kicked out of the game for betting on the game and people who get caught using the before mentioned cheating methods get a slap on the wrist.

I played football in college and lived in the weight room and can tell you people like Bonds do not just bulk up as much as he did that late in his career by just getting a new trainer and lifting schedule. I could believe someone who never trained before gaining a lot, but for a athlete who has trained his whole life you don't put on 40# of muscle without help>

Your one smart man! I totally agree...its ashame what players get away with in all sports these days! Im absolutely in love with baseball and alawys will be and this sh it makes me so mad!! Darell Starwberry can do drugs, beat his wife, escape from his institution and still be allowed back in the game...what does that tell you? Hmmm, baseball is ok with the use of drugs. Thats all I have to say other wise I'll be writting for days....

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
DenverJay said:
Yep, McGwire's testimony was a little disappointing. However, the thing is, he's out of the game and has been the last few years. Who knows whether he did any roids that were illegal at some point. The thing is, I seriously doubt he did anything that was banned or illegal when he broke the Maris record. The andro everyone saw in his locker during his Maris run wasn't banned at the time. All this about what who did at what time is a moot (sp?) point unless you can prove that they did illegal/banned roids AND you're able to calculate how much of an advantage said roids gave them. If not, it's just a bunch of smoke filled coffee house crap. Concentrate on the point from now on. Trying to figure out who was juicing 10 or even 5 years ago is worthless and is just a waste of time.

Also, why come down hard on McGwire? The only record he broke (that really matters) is the Maris record. And Bonds broke that 2 years later, on the juice I'm sure. Bonds is the one everyone should be holding his feet to the fire about juicing. Bonds is the one that currently holds the single season record and Bonds is the only one capable of breaking Hank Aaron's record. He's the one everyone should be looking to and asking what juice he is using.

I agree 100%! Plus, why come down so hard on McGwire because he didn't want to answer questions about steroid use. What is the point of knowing if he used them or not now? Those questions the congressional commitee was asking were completely pointless. Like big Mac said, would you believe him if he said he didn't use them? Do you believe Sosa or Plameiro? You should be coming down just as hard or harder on them, they still play!!

The fact that the congressmen were taking Canseco's word in his book as fact is what people should really be upset about. That guy is probably jealous because he couldn't find the success of the other athletes he named even with the roids helping him. Plus, he probably needs more cash for the gas in his F40. There doesn't seem to be any evidence that those other players used steroids accept in Canseco's book so why are they even being questioned? Why make an example of them when you can't prove they ever did roids?

You can't assume every player who hits over 40 homeruns in a year is juiced, look at Griffey Jr. Do you really think he is juiced? What about the pitchers who use roids to recover faster? How are you going to identify them from just looking at them and their performance? Does every pitcher who can throw a complete game on 5 days rest use roids? That is just ridiculous to assume anything like that. The whole thing is pointless and ridiculous. If they really want to do something, do it, don't mess around asking retired players if they used or not. What is past is prologue and there is nothing anyone can do about it now...

Last edited:

rphinney

Established Member
Those hearings where a joke! I dont think Mcgwire ever did anything that was illegal to baseball, so if there is anyone to blame it is MLB. Where anyone of those players charged or indicted yesterday? Nope, so what the he ll is congress poking around for, the testing is set up and determined by the owners and the players association, you would think these reps in congress never heard of collective bargaining or unions.

It was my understanding that everyone was there to address issues and no names where going to be given out. So why did the rep ask Mcgwire point blank to make the same statement as Palmeiro and Sosa? Just a total publicity stunt! The gov't is whack. We have a depleted social security, wars overseas, and security issues and these TOOLS are worried about Mcgwire's hat size?????

PONY MAN

Established Member
1CEBITN said:
I agree 100%! Plus, why come down so hard on McGwire because he didn't want to answer questions about steroid use. What is the point of knowing if he used them or not now? Those questions the congressional commitee was asking were completely pointless. Like big Mac said, would you believe him if he said he didn't use them? Do you believe Sosa or Plameiro? You should be coming down just as hard or harder on them, they still play!!

The fact that the congressmen were taking Canseco's word in his book as fact is what people should really be upset about. That guy is probably jealous because he couldn't find the success of the other athletes he named even with the roids helping him. Plus, he probably needs more cash for the gas in his F40. There doesn't seem to be any evidence that those other players used steroids accept in Canseco's book so why are they even being questioned? Why make an example of them when you can't prove they ever did roids?

You can't assume every player who hits over 40 homeruns in a year is juiced, look at Griffey Jr. Do you really think he is juiced? What about the pitchers who use roids to recover faster? How are you going to identify them from just looking at them and their performance? Does every pitcher who can throw a complete game on 5 days rest use roids? That is just ridiculous to assume anything like that. The whole thing is pointless and ridiculous. If they really want to do something, do it, don't mess around asking retired players if they used or not. What is past is prologue and there is nothing anyone can do about it now...
I agree, a new season is about to begin & I love the game of Baseball.
Stiffer laws are needed , but I say lets get on with the season.

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
McGwire used andro which is NOW illegal in MLB after the fact taht he took it....makes ya think what he went to after it was band

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
this is why i stopped watching baseball and football. the sport has gotten fake to a ridiculous point. i miss the pete rose years, NOW THAT WAS BASEBALL!....

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Baseball sucks, football sucks, hockey sucks, oh wait, there is no hockey! :lol: :lol: :lol: and backsetbow sucks sooo bad it's waaaay past being a joke.

Thankfully we still have racing!!!

This is coming from a guy that was a huge baseball/football fan in the 60's, 70's and 80's.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

stevieb

Established Member
Wells heres my $.02 and prediction. Bonds and McGuire juiced (past tense) they are not the only ones, I say this because after the steroid thing hit the news about Bonds, the next year in preseason he lost like 30+ lbs.

Since then if you watch his game, what does he need steroids to take bases for the most part, they wont pitch to him. He has the swing down and every pitcher knows it so is it the steroids that gave him the bat swing-eye cooridination and not a God given talent? I would think the steroids would be more for bulk up for power behind hitting the ball for distance?

I dont know anything about the drug, but if someone bulked up for muscle mass wouldnt that slow a bodies movement sort of? Maybe thats why Bonds couldnt catch the fly ball in the 4th game of the WS against the Angels, because he couldnt run and dive for the ball fast enough.

My prediction is that if the entire league is not now steroid free, it soon will be and after whatever method to crack down on steroid use is instituted, I think no one will ever be charged with anything. This will all be in someones eyes to save the game.

Brad Azz

Go Browns!!!
Established Member
McGwire hit a home run at Jacobs Field that hit the scoreboard about 20 feet up on the Budweiser sign... he's the only one to ever hit the scoreboard during a game... even if he was on steroids, that still would've been almost 500 ft

steroids don't help you hit a 95 mph fast ball...

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
Every pro sports player will do what it takes to get the best performance. This DOESNT mean Roids. If every player is using them in MLB then why isnt everyone hitting 60+ homeruns? You still need to hit the damn ball. Anyone who has ever played baseball knows you need fundamentals, endurance and perfection.

If there is anything to blame for Bonds and McGwire breaking records its modern technology. Video's, the constant strive for improvment. These guys increased their workouts, probably doubled their workouts as to when they first started playing. PERFECT practice makes perfection. They are pro's and again will do almost anything to achieve perfection.

When this is all done with baseball the media will target football next for Roids, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread