Bassani 3" Catback Issues

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member
Well this morning I installed my new 3" Bassani exhaust system and I have to say this has to be the WORST fitting system I have ever purchased. First of all the piping was 2" to 3" inches too long which made the tips stick out about 4" from the rear bumper. My next issue was where the pipes pass under the rear differential; they CAN NOT be positioned level if you are using an IRS brace. I eventually got pissed off enough to just take it to a muffler shop and have them fix it. They cut 1" off the front and rear of each tailpipe to fix my tip issues, but there wasn't much they could do about the clearance at the rear diff. The pipes are about 1/8" away from the differential case and not the slightest bit level; almost looks like a "V". My car is lowered with H&R race springs and I have already heard a tailpipe rub the pavement rebounding over a bump. All and all the sound is fantastic, very DEEP. The tips look great the way they were aligned, but the tailpipes cosmetically look like ass from the rear of the car.

Has anybody with this system had any issues like I have mentioned above? For the price I paid I'm very disappointed with the overall fitment. :nonono:

Satin03

Established Member
Hey Doug, you already switched to the 3" eh? You have any pics of the setup? What did you end up doing with the 2.5" you had?

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Unfortunatly, because you cut it, bassani cannot do anything about it. I know there is a TON of adjustment on my 2.5" kit. Not sure if the 3" kit is different. Pics?

Alex

GodStang

Established Member
My Bassani was crap also and had to cut it to get it to even come close to fitting.

Users who are viewing this thread