Bassani airbox info on the way....

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by NJ2000R
Make sure the fabricator knows that the tube drops down and is offset....otherwise, there will be an alignment problem....I just spoke with my fabricator, and he said to do the right job (perfect fit, good air flow, least amount of resistance) that we first have to make a pattern, and that the part should be made from 4 pieces of aluminum and welded up using a fixture....I told him that this sounded like alot of $$$ and maybe overkill for what the part does....right now, he's estimating around $350.00 to $450.00 depending on how many we order....this seems a bit excessive....I'll have a firm quote from him tomorrow....
Carbon fiber is not cheap!! I shelled out over $1000.00 for my Dinan cold air intake system (carbon fiber - dual tubes with K&N cone filters) for my M5.

so, $350.00 does not sound excessive if the fit is perfect?.. Guys, I would not get too excited about extra horsepower with this setup?? only way to really get more HP is to also install a higher flowing filter AND adjust the chip calibration (something Steve at Houston Performance can easily do) to make use of the extra air flow. I would think that with a free-er flowing tube, a better free-er flowing filter AND a chip remap, I'd be good for maybe 10 more HP???

Users who are viewing this thread